Chapter 6

Mary's POV

I was the first want to wake up. Vern was on his stomach and you could hear him snore, not to mention you could see all the better on his face still. Teddy ended up sleeping on the bed, Gordie was asleep on his side clutching a pillow. When I saw Chris he was behind me holding my waist being what you call, a big spoon. Maybe he just laid like that because he was half asleep or something. I'm not sure if he would do that on purpose, but I did feel secure. It was kind of weird, my first night at my aunts house I spent with some of my good friends. What Gordy said really stained me. Does he think that girls won't like me? I mean I can't just be hanging out with boys all the time but I mean Jane is pretty young. I shifted up so I could sit up all the boys were sprawled acrossed the floor. I kind of felt normal, it didn't feel like I had a bunch of strangers in my house, I feel like I already know them.

I got up not to try to wake Chris. I succeeded and tiptoed downstairs to see Jane was still out. In the most of my thoughts I heard my stomach growl. It was around 10, I don't know when the boys will wake up, so maybe I can make breakfast or something. I still didn't exactly know where everything was in this house, yet I found eggs, bread, a skillet and a rusty toaster. I put some bread in the toaster and started the stove up.

The toast was done before the eggs were, but breakfast only took 15 minutes. So I decided to go upstairs to wake the boys up. I opened the door too see the whole place picked up. I smirked, but where are the boys? I looked around. " Guys.....?" I said slow.

"Hello, wher- " I started before interrupted by a loud scream and 4 boys running at me at different directions.

"AHHH!" I screamed and started to run downstairs before someone picked me up and suddenly I was founded on the bed. I look up to see all the boys acting like they were in the war.

"Attack now men!" Yelled Teddy. They started to jump on the bed and I rolled off and run down the stairs.

" I made breakfaasssssst!!!!!!" I yelled with Gordie and Vern on my tail. I jumped from the 3rd stair and ran to the kitchen. I held up a plate and braced myself. Then I heard Vern sit down and grab a fork, then I relaxed.

All the boys were sitting eating breakfast and I took a seat next to Gordie and Teddy. The only opened spot.

" Why did you guys do that? I thought you guys were asleep when I woke up?" I questioned, taking a drink of milk.

"Yeah we were! but Chris woke us up after the door closed and Teddy came up with the idea." Vern said with a full mouth.

I turned and lightly smacked Teddy. I don't think I could ever get tired of these boys. I think I woke Chris up accidently when I woke up.

-----------

At about 11:05, we were all done eating and sat in the living room watching a movie. Usually, I'd be listening to a radio, because TV's were rare. Jane was loaded because her grandmother invented something and her money went all to her because she helped her with the industry, I guess.

" Let's go to the tree house" Gordie said and Chris's nodded. We all agreed on meeting at the tree house because we all had to get ready.

I walked them all leave to different directions to their houses. I walked upstairs to my room. I went through my drawers. I love the fashion we had back home but it might be different here, so maybe I can wear something nice. I decided to put my arm out the window to see the weather. It was at least 75 degrees. Maybe 80 with a nice breeze. I picked out light short jeans I rolled up at the ends. I grabbed my dirty white converse and put on a casual light blue shirt with white buttons. I went to the bathroom in search of a hair brush. I brushed out my brown hair. It was long past my chest. It was usually always straight, but sometimes it would have some wave to it. Anyways, I walk down the stairs. I go out on the porch to see Gordie.

" Ohhey! You scared me Gordie. Why aren't you at the tree house yet?" I smiled while he stood up.

"I usually walk with Teddy because he lives a few house next to yours, but I think he left earlier." He answered. " and I saw your arm out the window so I knew you were home still."

" well, let's go!" I replied as we walk together to the tree house. It was 2 blocks away and then over a big hill. It was closest to Verns house, but you could see all of Castle Rock if you look out the window.

I look over to see Gordie pulling out a box. He pulled out two cigarettes.

" you don't seem like the one to smoke", he started while lighting a cigarette placed between his lips. " but if you ever want to, here." He finished while handing me a skinny cigarette. I thanked him and held on to it until I could place it somewhere. We continued to walk to the treehouse and Gordie went up first to do the secret knock. I closely followed behind to find Teddy and Chris in the middle of there card game and Vern trying to fix the radio he broke. Gordie went to his usual spot by the window to finished his cigarette and I sat on the big blanket they had up here and watched.

"I knock." Chris said, throwing his cards down.

"No! I had 24!" Teddy protested.

"29, Like always." Chris said while looking over at me. He looked away with a smile. I hope Gordie didn't tell him anything.

The rest of the hour was filled with talks and laughs.

" we should play Truth or Dare!" Vern speaks as Gordie looks from his book.

"Yeah, we should. But no chickens this time Vern." Gordie said and laughed. We all laughed along and Vern called the first turn.

" Teddy, Truth or Dare?"

"Dare, I ain't no pussy." He sneered back.

" I dare you to go that old lady's house next to the tree house and ask her for some milk!" Vern spoke with excitement. Teddy took the offer and started walking. We all looked out the window and watched him go in and out of her house. After he came back up, he spit a white liquid at Verns face. I don't think I've laughed any harder. These guys went on and on with the game until I heard my name

"Mary, truth or dare?" Vern spoke. Vern had the biggest smile on his face.

"Dare." I challenged back.

" I dare you to smoke that cigarette in your hand." He answered back. I looked down at my fingers. Chris struck a glance at it as I did aswell. He walked over and took the cigarette from me.

" Nah Vern, she was holding on to mine." Chris answered while sitting back down. Why did he do that? I mean I didn't want to smoke it now but what was he worried about?

I change my answer to truth and Vern sat in thought.

" oh, I got one!" He remarked. " You've seen a lot of boys in this town, who do you think is cute?" He said, while looking towards Gordie snickering. I hate when they get up to something and I don't know about it. I thought about it. If I said Chris, they boys would tease me and I don't know if he feels the same. Maybe I could tell a white lie, but if Chris does feel the same, I don't want to hurt him.

" You're all cute." I responded. Vern got all red faced and Gordie laughed to himself and Teddy just rolled his eyes.

" You just don't want to tell us, but I'll get you to crack." Teddy said. I then rolled my eyes back at him.

" we should go swimming, it's getting kind of hot." Chris asked. We all agreed and started walking to the lake.

cliff hanger because I'm updating chapter 7 right now :)