Chapter 7

Chris POV

After I offered to go take a swim, we all started walking. Mary was walking a little ahead of me, so I grabbed her.

"Hey, here's your cigarette back." I said handing it back to her.

"No, I don't want it. But why did you do that?" She added with a questionable face.

" you shouldn't ruin your perfect self like that. A few times is okay but if anything bad happens, it'll become unstoppable. I don't want to see yourself get hooked on it." I added, trying not to show that I was flirting. I needed to step up my game. She looked at me when Vern asked her the truth question, but she didn't say anyone's name.

She smiled back at me.

" Will you walk home with me so I can get my swimsuit? I don't know where the lake is." She asked, shyly.

"Of course, I already have my swim trunks anyways." I smiled.
------------------
We walked to Mary's house. She invited me in, her godmother was finally home, but probably at work. I walked upstairs and waited outside of Mary's room. She walked out with her swimsuit. A one piece that was black and white pokadots.

" I'm going to change in the bathroom." She responded looking up at me. I was about 5'6 tall and she was at least only 5' foot. I walked in her room when she left and took a seat. I noticed she had a book. Maybe it was a diary. I reached for it and opened to the first page. Then it came to me that it was wrong. I heard the bathroom door unlock so I put the book back and walked to the hallway and met with her in the middle.

-----------

Mary's POV

When we got to the lake Gordie walked with us halfway, we had to wait for Teddy and Vern.

"Guys, we have to go swim at the other lake." Vern came running out of breath.

"Wait why? I asked with concern.

"Ace and Eyeball are coming! Mary you need to hide." Vern and Teddy tried to explain, but that's all I heard.

I looked at Chris and he had his arm around me pulling me next to him.

"What? Why the hell do I need to hide?" I said eyeing Teddy and Verno.

"Because they know about you hanging with us. They want you now." Teddy responded.

I heard Gordie's words in my head from the day before. I'd be safe.

We all decided to walk across the street and get a ride on someone's truck. Teddy saw someone's parents he had known and we all got a ride to the lake a few blocks away. It was walking distance, but we didn't to stay away from Ace and Eyeball. We got dropped off and I noticed Eyeball walking over.

"Hey Mar, you need to stay away from Ace." He said while The boys stand I front of me. Trying to be protective. As protective as Vern gets, he goes behind me. Sweet boy.

I step through the boys, " What does he want?" I say.

"Well, he doesn't like it when girls reject him and walk away. I'm not going to get in with it because you are younger and with my brother n his friends, but he wants a girl in his group now." He responded. Eyeball was a trouble maker, but atleast he had a heart.

"Well where is he? What do we do?" I questioned back.

" He said he's getting you at the other lake. I won't tell him you're here but you just need to stay low for a few days and he will forget all about it when he gets drunk. That Merrill is crazy." He answered. I honestly thought he was mean, but he's helping? I didn't want to blow him off in risk of him getting upset and tell Ace. So I hugged him and thanked him before he left to track Ace.

The boys and I swam and actually had fun in the water. It was relaxing and fun. But my full 24hours here have been crazy. I found best friends. And now I have a guy after me. He's so much older too. Crazy. I'll have to explain everything to Jane later.

Short update // I'm watching SBM right now for the 82664th time. -r❤️