Acting Weird

{Decided to make this into a book so yep. Here it is}

Normally Natsu wasn't a very direct person but recently he had been and Lucy couldn't figure out why he was being weird.

Just yesterday he had told her that she was very pretty and then he kept wanting to hold her hand. That was not Natsu and she wanted to know what was up. Today she was set on figuring it out.

••••••••••••••••••••

Natsu sat at the table with Gajeel and Grey. Happy was at the end of the table flirting with Carla.

Lucy walked to the table and slammed her hands down on them loudly.

"Natsu."

"Busted." Gajeel and Grey snickered at the same time but stopped as soon as they noticed Lucy's glare.

"See you Natsu." Grey muttered excusing himself from the table.

Gajeel looked at Natsu and shrugged. "Might as well tell her. Might be fun." He smirked winking at him. Normally Natsu would have blushed but the comment barely even fazed him.

Lucy just looked at the two in utter confusion. The two dragon slayers never sat next to each other better yet joke with one another.

Now that she thought about Gajeel had been acting slightly odd also. He tried to stay away from Levy as much as possible. Even Wendy was trying to stay away from everyone.

She thought about it confused for a moment before Natsu looked up staring into Lucy's eyes.

"It's dragon mating season."

Lucy looked confused and it was obvious on her face.

"There is like a week in every dragons life where they search for a mate and ya know." He rubbed the back of his neck looking slightly flustered.

"Where they wanna have sex and mate." Gajeel added abruptly.

Natsu shot him a small look and turned back to Lucy who looked as confused as she was earlier.

"So why is that making you act weird around me? Gajeel and Wendy aren't acting weird around me."

"That's cuz me and Wendy ain't into ya blonde." Gajeel added again.

Lucy thought for a moment before blushing deeply as she realized.

"Nastu. Does that mean you like me?" She asked biting her lip.

Gajeel rolled his eyes standing up.

"Both of you are oblivious bastards."

The two of them glared at them and Gajeel tsked softly before standing and moving to another table.

Natsu looked down at the table as Lucy stood above him.

"Natsu. You need to talk to me. Please." She said softly. As she sat, Natsu could smell her strawberry scented perfume. The smell was intoxicating and no matter how much he could try to ignore it. He couldn't. It was perfect in every way.

The dragon slayer shook his head trying to shake the thoughts from his mind. It was just dragon season. He didn't really like Lucy like that. Well he did like her. And her hair was always cute. She also happened to be at her most adorable when she was sleeping.

Lucy stood above him talking but it was obvious that he was lost in a whole other world.

"Ugh." She yelled angrily turning on her heal and walking to the counter where Levy was sitting and reading a book.

"Hi Lu-Chan." Levy smiled looking over at her from her book.

Lucy looked over at her blue haired friend and gave a small half smile. Noticing her sadness, Levy shut the book and set it down on the table. "What's going on?"

"Natsu. He's being weird."

"Well it is mating season."

Lucy raised her eye brows and looked at Levy. "How do you know about mating season?" She asked in surprise.

Levy blushed slightly and held up the book she was reading. "I mean I've gotta find a way to get through that ones thick skull." She whispered pointing at Gajeel.

Lucy laughed a little and smiled at her. "So come on. Tell me what you learned."

"Well once in a dragons life they hit like their prime. And in that time they have to find their mate. I guess it gets pretty intense because they have to mate to ensure that they stay together." She blushed softly as she continued. "There is also a way of marking but it's different for each dragon."

Lucy smiled a little and looked at Levy. "Guess your really interested in a certain dragon slayer huh?"

Levy blushed and looked back down at the book. "I guess so. Well anyway. It starts with pulling away. Then it shift to something else...." The girl let her voice trail off as Natsu and Gajeel stood behind the two girls.

"What's next?" Lucy asked not noticing the dragon slayers behind them.

"The choice."