cant sleep

Y/N POV

  I tossed and turned in my bed, still not being able to find the right comfortable position.

This has been happening for a few nights now, not being able to sleep.  I would try everything to get my eyes to close.

Warm milk.

Soft music.

Even yoga, which I'd read somewhere can ease stress. Stress has been a symptom of this insomnia. Funny, I was stressing about not being able to sleep which made me stressed.

I threw my comforter and sheets of my body and started walking downstairs. Maybe I should try that milk thing again.

I entered the kitchen, after tripping over my roommates shoes. I silently cursed at my pained toe, and finally opened the fridge.

  I poured my glass of milk and tried to pick it up, only for it to slip out of my shaking hand.

  I jumped at the crash it made to the ground, putting myself on the counter to avoid stepping on glass.

Just great.

I put my head in my hands, trying to rub away the forming headache.

I heard footsteps and soon enough he appeared at the kitchen doorway.

"What happened?" He grumbled, rubbing his eyes under his glasses. I looked from him to the broken glass on the floor.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up. I'll clean it." I whispered, slowly trying to get off the counter.

"No. You stay up there. I don't want you to step on glass. I'll be back." He stopped me. I crawled back on and watched him leave.

  He came back with his shoes on and started walking towards the broom and pan.

The crunch of the glass under his shoes was loud as he swept them in to the pan. I silently watched him clean up my mess.

"Why were you up anyways?" Stuart asked, looking up at me as he sweeped.

"I couldn't sleep." I sighed, rubbing my own eyes. As tired as I felt, my body sure didn't want to sleep.

"Oh." He hummed. He finished cleaning it up, dumping the broken glass in the trash can. He held out his hand to help me down from the counter and he kept his grip on my hand.

"Maybe I can help?" He offered, walking me to my room. I smiled at him as we entered my room.

  I laid down on my bed in my previous spot and he followed, laying next to me. He placed his arm around my waist, keeping our fingers intertwined. I could feel his heart beat against my back, his arms against me making mine go crazy.

"Better?" He whispered. I nodded, curling into his body more.

His warm hold made me feel safe and complete, his arms giving me a sense I've never felt before.

"Stuart?" I yawned, my body finally starting to sleep. He hummed in response.

"I love you." My mouth fumbled. It surprised me, but I wasn't lying. I had really liked him for the longest time.

"I love you too, y/n. Now get some sleep." He mumbled, kissing the corner of my mouth.

And I fell asleep with a smile on my face.