online girl

THIRD PERSON

    His eyes were glued to his phone, a slight smile on his face as he read the caption of the most recent post. The picture was beautiful, one he would argue to be put up in the Louvre.

  The girl was sitting across from whoever was taking the picture. Stuart hoped it wasn't a boyfriend. The girl's smile over took her lips, which held  a straw from her drink. Stuart found her hair to be near, if not exactly, perfect and her features were beautiful, as always.

    A shoulder knocked into his, shaking his vision of his phone. He narrowed his eyes and looked up, seeing another google-intern-wannabe rush past him. He scoffed and focused back on his phone, scrolling down the feed as he continued to look through the beautiful pictures. He had never seen an image or mention of a boyfriend, but Stuart didn't feel like trying it out and getting totally rejected.

   "Alright, so it's just you stragglers?"

 Stuart froze and looked up, peering around to find one employee and a few other people. He didn't have the effort to look all the way around. He became confused and looked forward.

   "Looks like you guys are my group!"  The guy smiled enthusiastically. Stuart grimaced.

   Group?

The man gestured for all of them to follow, making Stuart groan as he shut off his phone and grabbed his stuff, following the colorfully dressed guy.  He heard some mumbling behind him and rolled his eyes as they entered a room equally as colorful. Stuart really shouldn't have been surprised, it was Google.

    "Okay, well everyone take a seat, and we'll introduce ourselves. How does that sound?"

   Stuart didn't answer and sat down, dropping his bag again. He opened his phone again, staring into the feed of the beautiful girl.

   Most of the names went in one ear, out the other. Stuart could really care less. It wasn't like-

   "Uhm, my name is (Y/N) and I really enjoy coding."

 Stuart froze. (Y/N). The name rang through his ears, so familiar. Maybe because it was the name he looked at nearly every day, maybe because it was the name of the girl he had had so many dreams about dating.

  He looked up and it was almost unreal. She looked exactly as she always did, just as beautiful. And she was here? Trying to intern at Google? And she wanted to code?

  Stuart had always dreamed she was a genius and he was so glad he was right.

    The girl looked over to him, because technically, everyone else had shared their name. It was his turn. She was glad, too. A chance to get to know the cutie behind the frames. His hair already looked so soft, even under the beanie. His lean legs were sprawled and his veiny hands held his phone, making it almost look tiny.

  Stuart noticed her stare and hoped the burn in his cheeks wasn't showing. He licked his lips, giving a little shrug.

   "Uh- I'm Stuart." He simply said, nodding. Stuart didn't have much else to say. He didn't really feel comfortable under the stares of everyone, much less of the beautiful girl he thought could never exist in front of his eyes.

   Lyle nodded with a smile, attempting to keep the good mood going. "Alright, nice, nice. Well, now that we have those out of the way, how about some game plans, huh?"

    (Y/N) met eyes with Stuart across the room and gave a small smile, in hopes of one back, and he did. A very nervous one, he thought, but a smile nonetheless.

+

     (Y/N) was paired with Stuart, of course because their specialties work together (definitely not because she mentioned it to Lyle). Although, she had yet to get a good sentence out of him. It seemed short answers were his thing, and she had really hoped to have a good conversation with him.

   "Hey, did you finish 'H'?" Stuart cautiously asked her, daring to look over to her. He had tried to minimize that since it was constantly distracting him.

   "Uh, I got most of it, but the last part should come from 'L', right?"

  Stuart opened his mouth to argue but she was right, when he looked at it.

   "Uh, yeah, yeah." He nodded, shaking his head at himself.

  It was quiet for a little bit, before (Y/N) decided to be a little braver than usual.

   "So, not to be completely weird or seem crazy but is your last name Twombly?'

  Stuart furrowed his eyebrows and looked over to her. How would she know that?

   "Um, yeah. Why?"

  Her blush grew at the fact she would now have to admit. "I- I think I follow you on Instagram, or something. And just to throw it out there since I probably already seem strange to you, you look just like your pictures. Which-! Is a good thing."

  Stuart's heart throbbed. She followed him? Since when? And she thought he looked good? And in person? He couldn't believe. This really had to be another dream.

   Stuart chuckled a little. "Well, would it be even weirder if i said the same about you?"

   (Y/N) blushed a little more at the idea of Stuart swooning over her like she had for him a few times.

 "Not at all." She shyly smiled. Stuart smiled and looked back to his work for a moment, before back to her. Both held blushes on their faces and warm feelings in their chests.

   "So-" Stuart slowly began, twirling a pen nervously. "It wouldn't be. . .  too crazy. . . if I asked you to- maybe, go on a. . . date with me?"

   (Y/N) really couldn't hide anything now. The excitement in her stomach was butterflies and the smile on her face hurt her cheeks.

     "Not. At. All." She smirked, biting her lip.

  Stuart's leg bounced now as he continued working, the tiniest nod coming from him as he focused back on the job. He couldn't believe it. She was here and soon, they were going to be on a date.

    And almost crazily enough, thoughts exactly the same were running through her head.

  Both blushing smiles on their faces, unknown to the rest of the room.

  A/N

    yet another day of Spooky O'Brien month