Chapter 10: And The Shock Sets In

(Still Jeff's point-of-view)

I couldn't hide the shock on my face. I REALLY wasn't expecting her to say that. I stared open-mouthed at her. She didn't want to be, couldn't want to be like me. I was a monster. No, a cold-blooded sadist was more like it. I enjoyed pain and death, I lived off it. The more suffering, the better.

"Grace...I can't."

She immediately shot back, "And why not? You supposedly LOVE me."

I sighed, and sat more closely next to her. "Yes. I do. Enough to want to save you from this." I put my hands on her shoulders, and looked straight into her eyes. They were wide, and her face was flushed because of my closeness.

"And besides," I continued. "I have no idea how to change you. Or what I even am."

I thought that would slow her down. Not a chance. She shrugged off my hold on her, and spoke.

"Well, it's easy," she said in a matter-of-fact tone. "Do to me what they did to you."

I froze. "NO," my subconscious screamed at me. Grace couldn't go through my pain. The hell I endured. As tough as she acted, she was actually so delicate. She'd never be able to torture and kill as I did. It would break her. And I needed to kill. The longer I went without it, the weaker I would become, the more deranged I became. She wouldn't be able to cope.

But then again, I could just see her. Creamy skin, black hair. And the eyes; shimmery brown turning the deepest of black, and tinted with her madness, the thirst for death. Damn, I wanted that. And the immortality part especially appealed to me. She could be mine, forever.

Grace cleared her throat. Startled I looked up. She had gotten up from the bed to stand right in front of me. Waiting for an answer.

It was a hard decision. Put her through hell, or have her the way she was?

I sighed deeply. "Grace...I can't."

***********

(Grace's Point-of-view)

What did he mean, he couldn't? Anger and irritation flooded through me. If he could murder countless strangers, he could change me.

Not that I wasn't scared of the pain. I was terrified. But Nico, my mom, and my normal life was gone. All I had was Jeff. And I wasn't going to lose him.

"So, what, that's it?" I snarled. "Your conscience makes an appearance NOW? Where was it when you were murdering my best friend, and my mother??"

His eyes filled with pain. I felt a little guilty. I know he felt bad. Not for what he had done- no, he never regretted killing- but that he was hurting me.

He spoke so low, I could barely hear him. "I'm sorry. I want to. But we don't even know if it'll work. What if you d-die?" His voice cracked on the last word, and he ducked his head down. I knew the thought made him upset. I sat down right beside him, and interlocked his hands with mine.

Whispering in his ear, I said, "Jeff...we have to try." My heart hammered in my ears, and my hands were tingling at being in contact with him. It was weird. I'd never felt that way, being close to a guy before. Not that I'd been close to many guys. Or any.

He leaned into me a little, but let my hands go. I was hurt for a second, thinking that he was rejecting me, until he put his arms fully around me, in a tight embrace. My heart beat even faster, if that was possible. But it wasn't enough for me, I needed him closer. Quietly, I called his name. He looked up, and before I could think, I leaned in and pressed my mouth to his.

He didn't move for a second. I had really surprised him. But he caught on, and gently began moving his mouth with mine. His hands moved to the back of my head, weaving into my hair and pulling me closer. The kiss wasn't so gentle anymore; I was practically on top of him as I wrapped my arms around him and crushed against him even more. His mouth was firm, teasing. It gently opened mine, and I explored his mouth, wanting to taste him.

He flipped me over, so that I was now laying with my back on the bed, and he was over me, kissing me with more urgency. He pressed into me, and I moaned quietly against his mouth. That only seemed to further encourage him. One of his hands left my hair and began to trail down my body, leaving paths of fire behind. I gasped when his hand lightly trailed down to the waistband of my pajama shorts.

Abruptly, he pulled back. His eyes were molten and filled with need. I knew what he wanted. His eyes weren't the only thing that sent that message to me. I blushed a little, and looked away from his pants. He saw me and laughed darkly. He sat up. and pulled me up next to him.

"Okay, Grace," he whispered huskily. "We'll try."

I snapped out of my previous...mood. "Really?" I said.

He smiled. "Really."

I squeaked a little, in delight. I don't know why I was so excited for this. I should've probably been terrified, or disgusted. But it was like Jeff was my life now. I only had him. And the reaction he brought out in me was unknown, and it thrilled me.

*******

(Jeff's POV)

Of course I said yes. How could I not? I had feelings for her, feelings I myself didn't recognize. I couldn't bear to see her upset, and I needed her with me. I was dying to see her like me.

She'd be perfect.

Not that she wasn't already. She was amazing, and amazingly beautiful. To other eyes, she'd seem plain, or merely "pretty", but in mine, she was a goddess.

But to see her as me, watching those coal-black eyes go dark with the obsession of the kill, it would do unknown things to me. My heart began to beat faster just imagining it.We could live together. Hunt together.

Love together.

My chest felt heavy. Love. That's what I felt for her. I was in love with my Grace.

I put my arms around her, pulling her against my chest. I felt her breath on my neck, and it made me feel warm. I would protect her, and she'd never have to leave my arms again.

------------------

(Sorry for such a short chapter, guys. This is a sort of filler chapter, but it's also important to the storyline.

So, what do you guys think will happen with Jeff and Grace? Leave comments, and remember to vote!

XOXO -Cyanide Fire)