Um We Don't Belong Here

* Phil's POV*

"Dan!" I call. "Dan!"

"Hold on, I'm almost done!"

"You can be late for a lot of things, Dan. Making videos when you promise, doctor's appointments, bills, but you cannot be late for a live radio show that thousands of people tune into, specifically for us!"

"I get the point, Phil! Wait one fucking second!"

"Hurry up!" Dan then runs out of his room and we head out of the door and stomp down the stairs together.

"How many times did you change your shirt?"

"Irrelevant," Dan says, avoiding the question as he signals for a cab.

"I'm guessing three." Dan's almost embarrassed look says the number was higher.

"Possibly maybe five. . ."

"Dan, all of your clothes are black. Why is it so hard to choose a friggin shirt?" I say, laughing as we climb into the cab.

"There's an art to my aesthetic, okay?"

"I feel like you're just too lazy to have to match colors."

"That has nothing to do with it," Dan says, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever you say." I throw my hands up in defeat.

We sit in comfortable silence until we reach the BBC, where we got just in time to start the radio show.

"It's the first Monday of the month. You know what that means! Oh. . . You don't? Well, it means you're listening to Dan and Phil on the Internet Takeover!" I say into the mic.

"We have a particularly interesting Internet News for you today and I have come prepared with some pretty amazing things for the seven second challenge. Remind me who won last month again, Phil?" Dan says.

I sigh. "You did. But I will rise to victory tonight!"

"Okay, Phil," Dan says, patting my shoulder. "To start off today's radio show, we have some Muse!" I click a few buttons and remove my headphones for the duration of the song.

The radio show goes well. I won the seven second challenge, as predicted. We're about to leave when Dan mentions that he's hungry.

"You want to go out to eat? I'm sure we could try out some new place on the street," I suggest.

"YES, PLEASE," Dan practically shouts. "I'll pay this time since you paid for the lunch we basically wasted the other day."

So, after saying our goodbyes to everyone, Dan and I leave the radio station and head out to search for a restaurant.

We walk around for awhile, talking about the radio show, Dan complaining about how I 'cheated' on the seven second challenge. Some restaurant catches my eye and I tell Dan that we should head in. That was one of the biggest mistakes I've made.

We walk in and approach the podium that the usher stood behind. She looks at us head to toe and appears. . . disgusted? Weirded out? Something along those lines.

"Two?" She says.

"Y-Yeah," I say nervously.

"Name?"

"Phil."

"We'll be with you in five minutes," she says, typing something into the computer in front of her and flashing a fake smile.

We go and sit on a long, leather bench in the waiting area. As I sit down, I take a look around the place. I see chandeliers, wine glasses, white table clothes, and people dressed in clothes that look like they're meant for a wedding. As if we notice at the same exact time, Dan taps my shoulder. "Phil. . . I don't think we're in the proper. . . attire or social class for this restaurant."