3.3

Kiley:

Andrew let me ride his bike with, him standing on the back tire, back home after spending a long relaxing time with him.

'I need to go home, Ki.' He declared and kissed my forehead softly. I smiled and nodded.

'Okay, Drew.'

He smiled one last time and rode away to his house. I turned around and knocked a bit hard on the door. It opened, revealing mom in her usual Death Note shirt and sweat pants, barefooted. She was smiling down at me.

'Hey, sweetie, how was your day with Andrew?' She signed. 

I smiled back at her warmly and made signs. 'It was great, he was just worried about me.'

She tilted her head curiously at that and asked why.

'Because I've been acting a bit sad since dad's announcement a few days ago.'

She nodded and hugged me, pecking my cheek. She then walked back inside and I followed, closing the door.

I followed mom into the kitchen and there was a basket of flowers, chocolate and a teddy bear. There was a card on the bottom. I walked to it and took the card, reading it.

Hey, Kiley! By the time you read this, I'm probably already at the base, I'm so sorry I had to leave, sweetie. I love you, and don't worry about me. I'll be okay, I'll come back, I promise. Here are your favorite flowers and chocolates, and a teddy bear 'cause I know you wanted a new one. I love you, sweetie and take care of mom for me.

Love, dad.

Tears sprung out of my eyes as I finished reading the note. I smiled at the last few sentences. Mom rubbed my shoulders in comfort and kissed my head.

She spun me around and signed. 'It's time for your medications.'

I nodded my head, following her inside the kitchen. She stood on her tiptoes, opening a cabinet and taking out a small bottle of pills, turning around and opening it.

She took out one pill and gave it to me along with a bottle of water. I took it and opened the bottle of water, placing the pill on my tongue and gulping down the water.

Once I was done, I gave the bottle to her and smiled. I went up to my room, taking my backpack and closing the door.

They have to work...