4.1

Andrew:

She didn't come.

Kiley didn't come to school today either. And I was worried sick.

After school I decided to visit. Once I was at the front door I took in a deep breath and knocked on the door three times, my nerves making it sound much louder than intended.

Her mother came out; first thing I noticed was her eyes. They were blood red. Her cheeks puffy and her nose matching her eyes.

"Hey hon...-," she stopped herself once she saw me. She took in a deep breath and sighed.

"Oh, hey Andrew." She tried to smile, but frowned. "Where's Kiley?"

My heart skipped a beat, I thought she was joking. But her expression says she's not.

I gulped down the lump that formed in my throat. "I... I actually came here to ask you where she is..." I muttered.

"What do you mean? She left for school this morning..." She looked like she was about to get a panic attack. I rushed to her and placed both hands on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, she'll be okay. I'll find her."

Her eyes looked watery again and she took in a shaky breath. She nodded.

"Go rest. I'll bring her back," I promised.

She nodded again, her lips quivering. "Thank you..." She walked back into the house and closed the door behind her.

She looks broken.

What's going on...?