NEWTs

And with that, months passed. Busy months, they were. George upgraded his job, Harry caught Death Eaters, Arianna raided areas, Hermione prepared for her NEWTs and Andromeda went through the counter curse process. The curse was successfully lifted...

Hermione's NEWTs had ended and she was finally free of all studies.

After the exam, she and Neville walked out of the Hall.

"I'll see you, Hermione. I'm going to see Hannah." Said Neville. Hermione smiled and nodded. Neville and Hannah Abott had been going out for months.

She made her way to the grounds. "Hey, Hermione!" Said a voice. She looked around. It was Ginny.

"How was the paper!?" Asked Ginny.

"It was amazing! I knew everything!"

"Oh, of course you knew everything!" Laughed Ginny. "You're the brightest witch of you're age."

Hermione beamed as they neared the lake.
"Well, I also got helped from the book."

"What book?"

Hermione grinned. "Arianna gave me a book to help me with the NEWTs. It's amazing! You have to ask a question and answers appear. It's the best. I wish it was on sale but it's not... for some reason I don't know... You can have the book."

"I can?" Asked Ginny.

Hermione grinned. "Of course. So how was this year?"

"It was great and tiring. Being Quidditch Captain and Perfect... But it was boring. No Chamber was opened. No tournament took place. No trip to the Department of Mysteries. No Death Eaters to fight. It was duller than before."

"Yeah." Said Hermione. "No drama... the only thing fun was the DA and... the pairings!"
She giggled and Ginny smirked.
"Seamus and Parvati. Neville and Hannah. Luna and the Scamander boy, Ernie and Susan. Justin and Daphne... I still don't get that one. A Hufflepuff and a Slytherin!?"

"Daphne Greengrass is different! We know the story of the Greengrass girls. Daphne and Astoria invented fake Cruciatus curses. That's the reason punishments stopped hurting. The kids would pretend. They're decent girls."

"Well, Daphne's better than Astoria. And they're okay." Shrugged Ginny.

The sun was setting. "Yeh better get inside. The feast's startin'." Said a voice. Hagrid.

They got up and started walking with him, towards the castle.
"So yeh'll be gone, Hermione. And I'll be left alone." He sighed.

"I'm still here, Hagrid." Reassured Ginny and Hagrid smiled.

They entered the Hall and soon, the feast began. It was the most delicious dinner ever. Hermione's last dinner at Hogwarts.

She was walking towards the dormitory Professor Mcgonagall called her. "Miss Granger, follow me to the Staff room."

Confused, Hermione followed.

Hermione P.O.V.
I walk into the Staff room and am told to take a seat. I obey. All my teachers are there and they smile at me. What's going on?

"Oh, Miss Granger! I'm so sad you're leaving. You were one of my best best students." Squeaks Professor Flitwick.

I grin. I get what this is about.
"I'm so proud of you." Says Professor Mcgonagall. "I am proud to say that you are my student and that you belong to my house."

My smile widens. "Thank you, Professor, that means a lot!"

Professor Sinistra smiles. "I wonder why I made you gaze the stars? You were a star yourself." Dramatic, as usual.

I laugh and smile and thank them as more teachers praise me and appreciate me and wish me luck for the coming years.

Wow. I walk my way to the dormitory when I bump into someone. "Have you seen Minerva?" Asks Arianna, barely opening her mouth.

"Er... yes, she's in the staffroom. Is everything alright, Arianna? Why are you here?!"

Arianna laughs nervously, then opens her mouth to reveal her teeth.

I shriek. They are flashing different colours. Arianna shuts her mouth.

"W... What happened!?"

She rolls her eyes. "Some kid was showing signs of magic. Making a Muggle kid's hat dance. I'm glad no one saw that except me. I shut the kid down. And he accidently did this... and I'm unable to convert it back." She moans.

I nod, give her a sympathetic smile and pull out my wand.
I try a few incantations but nothing works.

Arianna sighs. "I'll go to Minerva. I'll see you tomorrow night at my house. I've invited the Weasleys and Harry and Andromeda. See you then."

And she walks away. I make my way back to the dorm.

A/N. There will be some interesting talk during the dinner... :) You'll like it.
Keep reading!
Don't forget to vote.
~Crystal