First Day

Elena's POV:

"Hey, do you have your schedule?" Damon asked as we left the library. Everybody had already arrived so not many people noticed me and Damon. I'm still confused why they were staring at me because of him earlier.

"Um, yeah," I showed him my schedule and he smiled. "What?" I ask smiling. "We have every class together except our electives," he says chuckling.

Neither of us has stopped smiling.

Just then, I noticed Stefan walking over to us holding hands with a blonde girl. Oh yeah, Damon said Stefan had a girlfriend named- "Hi, I'm Caroline," the blonde girl stuck her hand out for me to shake so I did. "Hey, I'm Elena" I told her while shaking her hand.

"Is that your schedule?" Caroline asked pointing to the paper in Damon's hand. "Yeah," I answered.

She seemed nice. I'm sure we'll be great friends. At least I hope.

Damon handed her the paper and she squealed causing us to wince and everyone else to stare at us. "Nothing to see here!" Stefan yelled and Caroline smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

"We have every class together!" she said happily, smiling the biggest smile I've ever seen! I smiled back then looks at Stefan and tried to think of something to say. "So, did you find your keys?" I asked. Damon busted out laughing and soon all of us followed. We laughed until the bell rang and we together walked to our first class. I found out Stefan was in some of my classes too.

We sat down. Caroline in front of me, Damon beside me, and Stefan in front of him. I looked at the teacher and saw that we were in English. I leaned over to Damon, "Is she easy going?" He shrugged, and smirked at me. I felt my heart stop. He was so gorgeous! Caroline tapped my desk and whispered, "You're kinda staring, but don't worry he's staring back," I laughed silently and Caroline handed me a note.

It's better to talk through notes. She doesn't have the best eyesight so her hearing is better. Flip this over for our #s.

I looked at the teacher making sure she wouldn't see then I got my phone out and put their numbers in. I sent out a group text so they'd all have my number.

Elena: are you coming to dinner tonite Caroline

Caroline: yea I think so

Damon: oh great Barbie is coming

Stefan: I forgot about that.

Caroline: hey Elena, Dixon (the boy to your left) is staring @ u

Elena: y

Damon: bc you're pretty

~4 hours later~

I followed Caroline to our lunch table. And sat between her and Damon. "I cannot believe that we texted for 5 hours straight" I said laughing causing Caroline and Damon to laugh as well. Stefan walks over with three other boys that I don't know. They went to their seats and I turned my head to greet them when I notice one is missing.

Suddenly someone comes up behind me and puts their hands on my shoulders. "Who's this pretty lady?" The boys says obviously trying to flirt with me. I turn around to see his face and roll my eyes sighing. "You could've at least been cute." The blonde-haired boy faked a look of hurt, "Ouch," he said causing everyone at the table to laugh.

"This is Elena and I'm pretty sure she's not interested in any of you idiots," Caroline smiles at me, "Right Elena?" I nodded laughing silently.

I looked around the cafeteria to see all the types of people here and notice a dark-skinned girl walking towards our table.