The Dinner

Caroline's POV:

"You must really wanna impress these people. You're cooking homemade lasagna. I think I know why too," I said causing Damon to smirk. "Yeah, why?" Damon said raising an eyebrow.

"Elena," I said triumphantly. "What about her?" He asked giving all of his attention to the food. "You like her!" I screeched.

"Every boy in school likes her," Stefan said walking into the kitchen,"She's hot." I walked up to him and slapped him. "Ow! What was that for?!" He yelled.

"Ugh!" I yelled back as I stomped away. "You're in deep trouble, Stef," Damon said as Stefan came after me.

Damon's POV:

"Care," Stefan said going after Caroline. I chuckled to myself and finished cooking. Just then the doorbell rang and I went to go answer it. "You're overreacting Care!" My brother yelled as I opened the door. "What would you do if I called another boy hot?!" Barbie yells back. "I'd go and punch him in the face because I love you and I don't want you to leave me!" Stefan yells and I roll my eyes hearing them kiss. Sometimes I hate my vamp hearing. I look at the Gilberts who all have awkward looks on their faces. "Hey, sorry 'bout that. Come in," I said opening the door wider. "Stef, we have company!" I yell so him and Barbie will come into the dining room. "Follow me."

Elena's POV:

We follow Damon through the huge house and into the dining room. The plates are already on the table. "It smells amazing. Where's the lasagna?" I asked Damon. "In the oven it should be done in a couple minutes." He replied sweetly. "Hey 'Lena!" Caroline said walking into the room. "I'll be right back," Damon said walking out of the room. "I'm Stefan and this is my girlfriend Caroline," Stefan said to my parents. "I'm Grayson this is my wife, Miranda," my dad said extending his hand. Stefan shook it firmly. "Nice to meet you," Caroline said smiling. I think this is gonna be a fun night.

Damon's POV:

I went down the basement stairs to get a blood bag. I opened it and felt the veins creep down my face. After I finished it I threw it away and looked around to make sure no one saw me. I made my way back to the kitchen and got the lasagna out of the oven. Elena walks in and laughs. "What's so funny?" I ask her confused she points to my oven mitts on my hand and I laugh too. "Here let me save you from embarrassment," she says grabbing the mitts and putting them on. We walk in with the lasagna and Elena sets it on the table. "Making the girl do all the dirty work?" Stefan says raising his eyebrows. I roll my eyes. "The girl is suppose to cook, Stefan. Plus, I offered," Elena says defensively. She smiles at me and I smile back. We sat down next to each other and everyone put lasagna on their plates. As we were eating, I kept looking at Elena's hand next to mine. She was eating with her left hand which I swear she didn't eat with at lunch today. I wanted to hold her hand so badly. I wonder if she wanted me to. Before I knew it I was moving my hand to hers. When my hand touched hers I felt electricity in my fingers, leaving me with a tingly feeling. I wonder if she felt it too.

Elena's POV:

I have been eating with my left hand all night. Leaving my right hand next to his left, hoping he would hold it. I was about to take another bite when he finally started grabbing my hand. I felt sparks down my arm, and it left my fingers tingling. He fully grabbed my hand and I stared into his crystal blue eyes. I guess he got the wrong message because he started pulling his hand away, but I quickly squeezed, smiling slightly. He smiled back, which made my heart skip a beat. We were the only two people in the world.

~5 hours later~

Dear diary,

I never finished my dinner Damon holding my hand interrupted it. It was like we were the only two people in the world. I don't know where this leaves us.

We played games after we ate. It was a really fun night. Caroline insisted that I team up with her. We never one bc I was either daydreaming or staring at Damon. I think I love him. I don't know. I'll figure it out later.

Love,
Elena

Sorry this chapter was short and sorry I took so long to update. Vote and comment please. ily 😘