Tears

Damon's POV:

"Elena!" I yell again. I feel a hand grab my shoulder. "Son, I'm gonna have to ask you to wait in your car," a red-haired officer tells me.

"Damon," I turn to see my brother giving me a sad look. I look back around and see wet chocolate brown hair in an ambulance. They went off the bridge?! I swallow. Worry washing through me.

"Can we follow the ambulance?" I ask the officer. I can see Stefan in the corner of my eye. He's worried about me. I don't blame him. I am too. I've never been this scared or worried in my life.

"Fine," Officer Base tells me. I jog to my car and jump in. Elena's is the last ambulance to leave. I make a sharp u-turn and follow the ambulance to the hospital.

~2 days later~

She got out of surgery yesterday. They wouldn't let me see her, but Jeremy's been giving me updates. She's been asking to see me and today, I am able to go in.

I walk down the long corridor and arrive at the door. I knock before opening the door. "Elena?" I call. The uneasy feeling that was in my stomach disappears when I hear her voice. "Damon?" I walk in to see a very sick looking Elena. A tear slips down her cheek. I gently wipe it off with my thumb. She looks at me and buries her face in my chest. I scoot her over and get in the uncomfortable hospital bed.

I whisper sweet nothings into her ear, trying to calm her down. After an hour and a half of her crying and me running my fingers through the silky strands of her hair, she falls asleep. I kiss her forehead. "I love you," I whisper into her ear and fall asleep myself.

~2 hours later~
Elena's POV:

I woke up in Damon's arms. I felt so safe. Then I remembered. Our car went of the bridge. My parents died. I'm in the hospital. My brother is an orphan. I'm an orphan.

I shoot up and my arms are being pulled by wires and needles which are stuck in my arm. I start crying.

Why? Why me? Why did this have to happen to me? 

Suddenly I feel strong arms wrap around my shoulders and pull me close. Damon. I am in Damon's arms. I melt into his body, sobbing. He just holds me stroking my hair and wiping my tears. He whispers sweet things into my ear that seem to calm me down.

Finally a doctor comes bursting into my room from when my heart monitor started beeping faster.

"Sir, you need to get out of that bed," the doctor tells Damon. No! He's the only thing keeping me sane right now!

He kisses my temple and gets out of the bed.

"They're gone. No, no, no, no, no........" I whisper sobbing. Tears staining my cheeks.

Caroline's POV:

"Okay, bye Damon," I say and hang up the phone. "Is he okay?" Stefan asks worriedly. "I think so. But Elena's not doing well," I tell him while texting my mom that I'm staying over at Stefan's. "I mean, she's doing fine physically, but her parents died. Her emotions are all over the place," I look at him. Hoping that he will say something to ease my nerves. He doesn't. He just stares at me with those beautiful green eyes that always make me melt. "I know why they went off the bridge, Care." I stare at him wide-eyed. I don't know what to say. All I can manage to say is, "Why?"

"Katherine," he growls.

"What do you mean? What did Katherine do to Elena, Stefan?"

Yea I know it's short but I wanted to get something up for y'all. Vote and comment! 😜