Chapter One

****okay im really happy I got 18 I think reads but I don't know people were just opening it and reading the first line or read the whole thing so please COMMENT and tell me! I got one comment (thanks so much :D) out of 18... Thanks***

"happy birthday dear anna.. Happy birthday to you!" we sang full heartedly to my very excited and happy little sister. I gazed over to her and my heart warmed. I hear my friends in school complain about annoying pains of siblings, but I wouldn't change my little sister for the world. Her soft brown curls bounced up and down as she cheered to everyone singing to HER.  My whole  family (which is actually quite big) was around to celebrate and life was so good.

I had spent most of the evening with my, let's just say, very mischievous cousins, well cousin, the other one only cared about makeup and clothes but I love her just the same.

Our batty next door neighbour, Mrs Jean Dawson (note to self: don't  EVER call her by her first name only or else she'll go demented) had her water sprinklers on. It was seven in the evening, i do not know why she has to "hydrate her garden" whenever its dark and it rains far too much here anyway but, that's Mrs Dawson.

We found some old but intact water balloons in the shed, and my cousin Mark thought now was the best time to use them.

Once Mark has an idea, he sticks to it!

"I don't really want to get my hair wet, Mark" complained my elder cousin, Lisa. She used her beautiful big brown eyes covered in dark mascara and delicate eyeshadow to attempt to make him change his mind but I knew certainly too well his mind was made.

"Come on, I have a game we can play!  Lisa, Lily and I climb into Mrs D's garden, see if we can fill up all the balloons with that sprinkler without her noticing, pass them over to Anna who puts them in a box ready for action!" he said, excitedly like he had just thought of tthe most ingenious way to end world poverty or something...

Okay, I must admit, now Mark made the whole concept into a game, it became far more intriguing.... But incredibly risky.

Anna liked the idea of getting the water balloons and putting them into her dinky buckets, Lisa and I weren't too keen of the sneakiness of the whole game, but hey! Life is life, you gotta live it!

"Hey give me a lift up there Lisa-- please." asked Mark and both Lisa and I grabbed a leg to help him over. Within minutes we were all over, and of course we were getting absolutely drenched to the skin. I got a pink balloon and held it open up to the sprinkler to try fill it. It was harder than it sounds.

One done, passed over to Anna who squealed excitedly as she put it into the bucket.

"What are you children doing in my garden!!" yelled Mrs Dawson, as loud as she could. Her cheeks were burning up with rage and I felt mine going the same way with embarrassment.

"Sorry, Jean, em Mrs Dawson, we thought you had a burst pipe and were just trying to help..." Mark sweetly replied, while lisa and i tried so hard to suppress out giggles.

"I am sure fine well you knew I was just hydrating my garden!" she argued back, "You see children these days! I don't know what those teachers teach you these days?"

"I learnt about pi last week. Tastes good!"

"Out of my garden children!" she yelled and that was that.

FOr the rest of the evening we filled up the water balloons from out tap and got wet all over again.

It was around nine o'clock when the last few people were leaving and I felt my head beginning to get sore. I get headaches quite often so neither I or my mother were worried.

"mum, my heads a bit sore again." I stated, not sure of what response I'd get.

"it's probably all the excitement and happenings of tonight, dear. Maybe you should head off to bed soon?" she replied in a question. If only we knew what "excitement and happenings" where to evolve after this headache!

I did go to bed early that evening, as much as I hate to admit it, I was exhausted and glad to get to sleep earlier than normal.

Silently creeped across the hallway towards my room, peering into my pleasantly sleeping sister's room and blew her a kiss. I climbed into my pyjamas and got into bed. I can truthfully say as soon as I got into my bed and spread my self all over it with blankets covering every spot of my body from my neck, I fell fast asleep. 

I awoke early the next morning with many internal "thumps".

My headache had developed to a very strong migraine and my stomach felt like daggers were being pushed into it at the second. My head was bulging to an extent when my eyes were barely able to keep open  except the thin slit i could see blurred image out of. I glared around my room.

The purple in the wallpaper looked grey and the light coming in through the curtains was blinding. I looked into the mirror Only to see a blank, very abnormally pale face. My eyes drooped down and my lips where a shade of blue. Is this me?

It hurt so bad.

I tried to yell down to my mother but my headache was so extreme my voice was trapped inside my body continually attempting to break free.

I grabbed all the strength within me to drag myself down the narrow hallway bearing the pain and hurt as the the rough carpet scrapped along my bare arms. I used the new found strength in my right arm - the other one was numb- to pull myself into my younger sisters room. She was in her cute pink chair colouring pictures with her new birthday treat jumbo crayons, as happy as possible.

I took a deep breath and caught her attention,

"An-na... G-get m-m-mum.." I stuttered. The energy was slowly and surely draining out of my weak system. Bless my sister, Anna is only a mere age of five, sorry, six, her contented face fell into a worried, grey complexion.

"MUMMMM!!" she yelled at the top of her little lungs, not helping my splitting headache, however all I needed was my mum. She'd know what to do. She had to, right? Mum's always make it better, yes?

"Goodness, Anna, what have I told you about screaming?" she asked looking straight at her, not noticing her elder child lying desperately on the pink carpet. I let out a small groan, loud enough to attract her attention to the floor.

She looked one second at my horrifying appearance and I quickly saw her complexion turning the same way with concern and pure fear.

"Lil! Lily! What happened?"

"sore ... h-head" I gasped, "m-mum." I have never felt this way before, what is wrong with me?!

"phone.. 9... Ambulance... Lily... Anna.." mum muttered as she spun round looking for something.

999

"Ambulance please! My daughter!" mum screamed into the phone as if her life depended on it and gave our address.

I turned my head slightly and tried my hardest to give her eye contact, although my sense of direction and eye movement seemed uncontrollable.

"Baby, it's going to be okay. An ambulance is coming and the doctors can find out what has made you this state." she whispered softly into my ear, while stroking my sweaty hair with her shaking fingers.

Anna was sent briefly and quickly to our next door neighbours as the ambulance drove into the development in which we live. The bright yellow glow off the ambulance was painful but I knew that this is the only way i'll get better by the hospital.

****Hope you enjoyed! I obviously don't know what its like but i tried to make it have as much emotion as possible even if it is a bit exaggerated? Please COMMENT! --butterflyxxx ****