Chapter 1- The Audition

I have never been this nervous. My hands are sweaty and shaky. I can't stop straightening the number on my stomach. Sometimes I look at it just to make sure I don't forget it. It would be pretty embarrassing to be called up and not realize it's you. I am looking around the room and see this girl with feet flat on the floor! Damn that child! I take another look and see a girl with a developpé literally on her ear. Is everyone here better than me?? Then, I realize i can do them too... or else I wouldnt be picked to go to the same audition as them!
         I look at my number again and see the same thing: "269 ABA". How did I get this far? I am auditioning for Academy of Ballet Arts! I passed the audition for the official audition! I had just realized that. Stretching, conditioning, working out, taking privates was how I was preparing myself for the pre-audition. I was prepared to be told I didnt pass for the audition... But when I was told I was, I didn't know what to do! Then I knew it! Prepare some more for the other audition!! One difference is that I wasn't as nearly as nervous as I am now. These people are the best of the best, the most talented! They are all perfect, young, dedicated, and would cut necks for the chance to be in ABA. When I was walking in I realized that I was in the middle of all of the best.