Chapter 7- The First Class

I got my leotard from the reception. I had to wear a certain color, because of my age group. I was in level 5. My leotard was royal blue and unusually tight for the size. I went to the girls dressing room and it was full. I found my locker and put my stuff that I was not going to use in it. I was trying to make eye contact with everyone. Trying to see if they would smile. I found Candace and motioned her to come here. "Are you okay?", Candace asked worried. "I am, but could you introduce me to your friends?", I said back nervously fidgeting my fingers. Lonely was something I did not want to be. I wanted as many frieds as I could have. She led me to a small circle of four girls. "Girls, this is Daniela, but you can call her Dani.", Candace explained while I was heading to give everyone a hug. I realized Americans don't like hugs as much as Brazilians do. They were sticking their hands out to do a hand shake. Since I hugged them, some of their hands got stuck between us! Awkward?! "I am Carlton.", said a redhead that was short and muscular. "I am Sofie!", said a brunnete. She was the most like me. Tall, but not that much, and really skinny with power calves. "I'm Alia...", said a shy brunette girl. "I'm Alina, but I think we've met before!", said Alina Moss. I didn't recognize her without all of that makeup and a flat bun. She still had some flowers on it. "I'm sorry! I didn't recognize you! I remember Alina Moss, for everyone does!", I said hugging her once more. "Aren't we roomates?", asked Alina. I said yes and smiled. We were both happy.
They called us into class and told us to pick a spot at the barre. Once you picked it, you can't change it. My barre spot was between Alina and Sofie. Candace and Alia were beside us. Carlton was at the other side of the room. Maybe, she liked to concentrate. Barre was pretty easy. The easy stuff is what gives the teacher the information she needs to know about everyone's technique. We did some more balancing, holding the leg, or both to determine the strength. The exercises across or in the corner were to show the musicality and technique. I think I did well. I don't know why I was so tired if the class was easy. Maybe, it's her corrections? "Alina! You scared the life out of me!", I said as she jumped in front of me. "My bad! I wanted you to know that we are having a party at the roof today! You can come if you want.", she said in a perky, high-pitched voice. I'm guessing that's what she does when she gets excited. " I will be there! What do I wear?", I asked back proud of being invited to a party! "It is a black and white party. You cannot wear anything below your knees!", said Alina as she opened the widest smile and laughed. I eonder if Alex is gonna be there...