New Place

All I was told is that I need to pack my bags. Nothing else. It's like this is confidential, they didn't explain what would happen next. To be honest I don't think they cared, they just want me somewhere to know I'm still alive and boom their job is done. One word, rude. 

  So I packed clothes, my electronics, any posters, and, of course, a picture of my family with Emma and I. Our families are very close. I've been friends with Emma for 4 years, we met in 2nd grade and we just instantly became friends. Later we actually found out that our Mom's knew each other from their childhoods. So Emma was practically family after the 1st year of our friendship.

  They said that if no one would be my legal guardian, I am going to be taken somewhere. So right now I'm sitting in the Buena Park Police Department with my 2 bags while they call up all my family members. I'm just deep in thought, thinking about all different possibilities of each family member if they were to be my legal guardian. I was too in thought to notice someone trying to get my attention. Until I was half drenched in water, I am snapped out of my thoughts and ready to kill someone.

  "Woah, don't kill me." The same officer from before said with his hands up in defense. I chuckled and he then dropped his hands to his sides.

  "I wouldn't, plus you know defense, and you have a gun. So basically you have way more to your advantage. Also,  let's not forget to mention that this building is filled with officers that have guns. So basically if I did, I would be the one that would be dead." I said. Okay, I'm not nerdy, I just think about things. When I got here I looked around the room I was in, just in case anything bad happened. I tend to do that to make sure I'm safe. So I basically analyzed the whole department from where I was sitting. Yup, I'm weird, but it's better to be weird than dead.

  "Ah, so we have a thinker. Well, don't worry, you'll grow up to do great things one day." He said I should really ask for his name.

  "Thank you, that's very kind. Now not to seem rude, but why are you here and what's your name?" I asked. He obviously needed to tell me something, he poured water on my to get my attention, so it was obviously important.

  "You're very welcome. Oh, my name is Officer Riley, but you can call me Riley since I am now off duty. Now, I am here to escort you somewhere. And I'm sorry to say, but none of your family members was up to the task to become your legal guardian." He served me the bad news. 

  I honestly felt so betrayed. There have been many times when my Aunt or Uncle said "that if it would ever have to come to that, we would become your legal guardians, we promise" Promise my butt. They broke a promise. Now, if it was a promise to make it to my birthday and they didn't make it, that's okay. This promise, oh it is way different. They promised to become my legal guardians, and they broke it. Now that's a broken promise that makes someone hate you for, and trust me I now hate them. Talk about family.

  "Oh well, where will I be escorted to?" I asked. I might as well make the best out of this because I get to get away from the people who apparently didn't want me. Harsh.

  "Aubrey's Home for Girls and Boys, it's in Los Angeles, but it's like 10 minutes from the "Omg big city" Los Angeles." I was laughing in my chair. He used his hands and waved them around while making his eyes go wide when he said "omg big city" Wow he's a very funny guy. (A/N I totally a made up the place.)

  "Yes, mission accomplished! I made her laugh! I made her laugh, people I did it! I did good people, I did good!" He was yelling it out, pointing at me, and jumping up and down, but by now I was practically dying in the chair and probably crying. Somebody, please help. By now most people were looking at what was happening over here and chuckling. 

  "You're a child by heart Riley, but when it comes to your job you're one of the most serious people here. I'll never know how you do it." Wait that was the voice of... Officer Perez! When I was finally able to calm down I started to talk again.

  "Officer Perez?" I asked staring up at the man before me. He smiled and looked at me.

  "Yup." He answered and nodded his head.

  "Oh good, because I really needed to apologize for my actions over the phone. I know it was rude of me, but I just couldn't hear any more of what was going on. And same for you Riley, slamming the door on your face and accusing you of lying, is not nice. So I am very sorry to you both." I said look them straight in the eyes.

  "Oh that's quite alright, I understand. And you are forgiven, even though you did nothing wrong." Officer Perez replied to my apology and walked away after giving me a reassuring smile.

  "Well, I forgive you. If I'm going to be 100% honest, I would probably do the exact same thing." He chuckled at his own statement. He's right, who would believe someone when they said your family died. I sure wouldn't and plus I didn't. Most of you would probably be saying something on the lines of "Why are happy or how could you be laughing when your family and best friend just died?" Well, I am sad yes, but my family always said that when they die they want me to be happy, not sad. So as their dying wish, I'll try my best to be happy.

  "So we are going to head out now, it's a 45-minute drive from here. Do you think you can handle seeing my beautiful face for about an hour?" He says wiggling his eyebrows, like the weirdo he is.

  "Oh gosh, I'm gonna die. Did you get hit in the head as a kid? If I agreed with you, I'd be lying and that's not a good thing to do." Now, he's seen my sassy side. Let's just say his facial expression made me laugh. 

  "I. AM. OFFENDED. You got a little sass to you, don't you?" He started to chuckle. He picked up my bags and we walked out of the department.

  "What can I say I only speak the truth," I smirked at him while he was feigning hurt. We then got into his car and started this long drive and I could tell that this is going to be a start of a weird friendship. Yup, I was right. Riley and I found out a lot about each other. He's 22, has a girlfriend, they've known each other for about 7 years before they started dating, and blah blah blah more of that stuff. He's a very interesting person, in a weird way.

  After the fun car ride, we finally made it to our destination and I couldn't be more nervous or scared. I picked up my bags from his trunk and we started to walk up to the door.

  "You will be living here until you get adopted." He explained.

  "What if I don't get adopted?" I asked fear evidently in my voice.

  "You will, trust me." You never know for sure, I thought.

  "Says the guy who calls himself beautiful, but okay," I said we all need something to believe, right?

  "Meanie. Okay come here, come on you know you want to." He said smiling opening his arms. I playfully rolled my eyes and hugged him anyways. "Here's my number, in case you ever want to talk," He said handing me a piece of paper.

  "Thank you, bye," I said turning around and walking inside the building.

  "BYE!" He shouts and walks to his car.

  "This is going to be new." I sighed and walked up to the lady at the desk.

  A/N Riley only looks like Cameron Dallas, but in no means is he exactly like him. His character is Riley, a 22-year-old police officer. NOT Cameron Dallas, a well-known YouTuber. Just to clear up any confusion, if there is any.