Chapter 6

James eyeing his watch impatiently, Diana got this habit to go home late every Tuesday and Thursday. At first he didn't notice until the whole month passed. She had a busy schedule already and all he wanted when she got spare time was to let her rest. He was a bit worry, Diana had lost so much weight for being too busy.

She'd never told him where she went and she refused to be picked up until one day James decided to follow her, well not really following her, but tracked her through her phone.

He frowned when he saw the tracker pointed out to a park in the city. What the hell was she doing in the middle of the park? He wondered. He needed to see her, to make sure that she was alright. He didn't think that she would hang out in a park after dark but boy oh boy this girl was almost giving him a heart attack!

His eyes scanned the street and at this peak hour, there was no way he could find parking and after wasting half an hour, he finally found a spot. He thought he shortened his life by a few years worrying about her during the process.

But by the time he turned off the engine, he saw the tracker moved.

"Fuck!" he got off the car and pressed the lock button before running across the street following the red dot on his phone. He stopped at a shopping mall with hundreds of people walking around. Oh great, he'd lost her!

He slowly walked back to his car when he saw her crossing the street with bags and bags of food in her hands.

"Miss Ana... " he called her out loud.

She was startled, "James? What are you doing here? How did you find me?" she asked.

"Tracking your mobile." He took the bags off her hands.

"Stalker! Why are you so obsessed with me?"

"I am not. I'm just worried about you."

"Worried of what? I am fine." She laughed cynically at him.

"Miss Ana, being in a park after dark sure worry me."

"James, I've been doing this way before you came. I know how to take care of myself. Stop being my nanny." She rolled her eyes and kept walking entering the park.

"What are you doing buying all these food?" he lifted the bags and counted the content, about ten boxes all together.

"For those guys." She simply pointed out a bunch of homeless teens that gathered on the park benches.

"Huh?" James was lost of words.

"Come and talk to them."

"Um Miss Ana, I don't think... "

"Come on, they're nice." She ignored his disgusted face and dragged him to follow her.

"Diana... that's quick!" A girl in a dull shirt approached her but quickly stopped when she saw James walking behind her.

"Lisa, don't worry. This is James, my friend. James this is Lisa." Diana took the food bags from him and signalled him to shake hand with Lisa.

He hesitated after seeing Lisa's filthy palm but he pushed himself to obey. If only he was Nicholas right now, he wouldn't even look at her let alone touched her. He would take a different path, avoiding the group as far as he could.

"Come sit here. James." Diana walked into the group and casually plopped herself in between them then distribute the food. James awkwardly followed after checking how clean the bench was.

"James right? You're hot dude." Lisa grinned at him. She was about seventeen with brown eyes and short dirty hair. Her teeth were yellowish and her face was full of freckles. She was pale and thin, unhealthy thin.