The Calls

"Show me Biana" Sophie said into her imparter. Just then, a beautiful girl with long, brown hair appeared on her screen. "Hey Sophie! What's up?" Biana asked. But all Sophie could do was just smile like an idiot and hold up her scroll. She was so excited that she was afraid, if she tried to talk, all she would do is scream. "Oh my gosh! Your matchmakers scroll! We have to call the boys and ask them to meet us here. Come over right now!" Biana said enthusiastically. "I can't right now. I hurt my leg running down the stairs to get my scroll. Edaline has to get an elixir for me but while I'm waiting I can call Dex and Keefe. I'm guessing Fitz is already there" Sophie said. "Yeah he's been freaking out about his scroll for days. He finally got it yesterday so he'll be happy to be able to Finley read it. I'll go tell him now and you call the boys, okay?" And before Sophie could answer, Biana clicked off. Then Sophie called Dex. "Hey Sophie!" Dex said smiling with his dimples. "Hey Dex. Did you get your matchmakers scroll yet?" "Yep. It's right here. I haven't read it yet, like you asked. Why, did you get yours?" He asked. "Yes! Just a few minutes ago. Biana wants us all to meet at Everglen to read them" Sophie said enthusiastically. She really was too excited for this. Oh well. She deserved to be a normal girl for once, even though she hadn't seen the Neverseen since she was 14. She was still good friends with Mr. Forkle. "Okay I'll be over there in a minute. See you then Sophie!" Dex said, then he clicked away. Sophie then called Keefe. "Hey Foster. What's up?" Keefe said smirking. "I got my matchmaking scroll" Sophie said, cooly. "Oh and you wanted me to be there when I land number 1 on your list?" He said smirking again. There was a hopeful glint in his eyes. "No. Biana invited us all to Everglen to read them together" Sophie said, emphasizing the words all and together. "Okay I'll be there in a few minutes. But why are you still at Havenfield?" Keefe asked, looking mischievous. "Oh. Um. I, uh, fell down the stairs while getting my scroll." She said, looking down. "You just can't do anything without getting hurt, can you. I'm guessing it's because you know I'll be there to save you." He said smirking again. Sophie scoffed and said "sure Keefe. Believe what you want. It's not my fault I was born clumsy" "yeah but you choose to embrace it." Then he mimicked Sophie and said "help me Keefe! I need you to save me like the hero you are!" Sophie wasn't amused. So she mimicked Keefe and said "I need you Foster! We are the unstoppable Team Foster-Keefe!" And she pumped her fist in the air like Keefe did when he said that. Then Keefe cleared his throat and said "I remember when you were still learning how to mimic. You were really bad when you started" Sophie rolled her eyes and said "I'm sure that's normal, Keefe. Anyways, just go to Everglen with your scroll" "you got it Foster" then he clicked away. Sophie waited for a few seconds and then Edaline came back down the stairs. "You know I heard you, right? I really like Keefe. He seems to like you a lot" Edaline said with amusement in her eyes. Sophie rolled hers and said "maybe I like Keefe a little, but even if he did like me, I'm sure he does that to all of the girls." Edaline handed her the elixir she was holding, and Sophie drank it. Instantly, the pain in her leg went away and she stood up. Then Edaline said "he might, but he waited for you before he opened his matchmaking scroll" Sophie had never thought about that and Edaline saw the look of realization on Sophie's face. She tried to hide her smile and said "well you should get going to Everglen. Don't want to keep everyone waiting" and with that Sophie went up to the leapmaster and yelled "Everglen!" And let the light whisk her away to her future.