Setting Up (pt 2)

The wedding is tomorrow. Sophie Foster will be Sophie Sencen tomorrow. All of the decorations they set up yesterday survived the night and they were setting up the rest right now. The cake will stay in the fridge until tomorrow. When they were done, the backyard wasn't even noticeable. It was beautiful. Sophie couldn't believe she was getting married at a place so beautiful. Since it was their last day before they would be married, they decided they would go on a date. Keefe said that where he was taking her would be a surprise, but he told her to dress like a human. He must be taking me to the Forbidden Cities she thought. She would have to act surprised. Sophie put on a shirt that still fit her. Most of her shirts didn't fit her anymore, but she got this one from her human mom. It was a black band shirt. She put on jeans and some sneakers. She guessed that Keefe would borrow that dark jacket and jeans from Fitz. Sophie consulted Vertina on her appearance and she said she saw Jolie wearing clothes like that. Sophie believed it. She was a double agent for the Black Swan. Sophie's mind wandered to the Black Swan. She was good friends with Mr. Forkle, who is really Magnate Leto (just a theory I have. We all know his name isn't really Mr. Forkle so what else was I supposed to do?) and she feels better about the organization now that she knows who their real leader is. Sophie shoved all of the thoughts of the black swan out of her mind and went downstairs to see Edaline. She made Sophie stay in the house because she looks like a human and couldn't risk her being seen. Sophie didn't hesitate to follow the orders. She's had enough tribunals for three people. Sophie saw a flash of light and then Keefe walked in through the front doors. He was wearing Fitz's dark jacet and jeans as Sophie suspected. He had a blue crystal topped pathfinder. He took Sophie's arm, said hi to Grady and Edaline, then whisked them away. Sophie never would have guessed where he took her. When the feathery sensation stopped, Sophie felt like she had traveled through time. She looked over at the neighbors house, expecting to see an old, bloated Mr. Forkle and to her surprise, she did. He smiled, came down off the porch and hugged Sophie and Keefe. Keefe didn't look surprised so she guessed that he set it up. "thank you Keefe" Sophie said, almost crying. One stubborn tear slid down her face. "what are you doing here? And why are you in disguise?" Sophie asked. "I'm in disguise because it makes this more special. It's like something from your childhood was brought with you to adulthood. Or that something from the Forbidden Cities was brought with you, or never left. I wanted to be able to say congratulations to the both of you. This just makes that even more special" Mr. Forkle answered. Sophie smiled. "It was really nice to see you again Mr. Rucklewrinkle, but we have to go" Keefe said. Sophie laughed at the new name Keefe gave to him when he was in his sixth year at Foxfire. Mr. Forkle laughed too. Then he handed Sophie something. Mr. Forkle told her not to open it until she got home. They said goodbye's and thank you's then Keefe and Sophie went back to Havenfield. Edaline and Grady were in the living room and they saw the package in Sophie's hand. "oh what is that? Open it!" Edaline said. "it's a wedding gift from Mr. Forkle" Sophie said wile setting it down on the table. Keefe and Sophie each grabbed an end of the ribbon and pulled it off. Then they ripped the black paper off and were shocked at what they saw. There was a clear box. Inside were two human garden gnomes. They decided it would be a decoration at their new house. Keefe laughed at them and said "can I show this to our gnomes, now? You wouldn't let me do it when we were kids" Keefe said, laughing. Sophie rolled her eyes and said "fine. But try not to take them out of the box. And do it tomorrow" then Grady stopped laughing at the gnomes. "it's getting late. You should go home, Keefe" he said. Keefe shook Grady's and Edaline's hands, hugged Sophie, kissed her forehead then glittered away. Sophie said goodnight then went up to her room. she looked at her dress for a few minutes then went to bed. She knew tomorrow would be perfect.