Vanisher?

"Mare catch!" Keefe said. He was teaching Mare how to play bramble. Sophie still didn't understand how the game was played, but that's why mare should learn early in her life. "Keefe please be careful!" Sophie said. Once again, she sat out of the game. She was three months pregnant with her second child. She was sat at the fountain watching Keefe and Mare play. That's when she heard Keefe yelling. "Mare where are you?!" He called out. "I'm right here daddy!" Mare yelled back. "Mare I can't see you! Please come here!" Keefe yelled. He waited for a few seconds and nothing changed. "Mare I asked you to come here" Keefe said. "I am here daddy. I'm right in front of you" Mare's bodiless voice said. Then Keefe flinched. Sophie stood up and walked over to Keefe. "Honey, what's wrong?" She asked. "Mare is here. We can't see her" Keefe said. Sophie instantly knew. "Mare, take my hand. We're taking you to Elwin" she said. She felt a little hand grab onto hers. Keefe took her other hand and whisked them away to Elwin's office.
       When they got there, Elwin looked surprised. "It's not time for your monthly check in so I wonder what could have happened this time" he said. "It's Mare. I didn't get hurt this time. Something happened. Mare show him" Sophie said. "Hi Elwin!" Mare's disembodied voice said. "Oh my. Honey where are you?" Elwin asked. Then Mare appeared out of thin air. "Elwin, she can't go to school yet. Maybe we can have Biana teach her how to control her power? Would that be a good idea?" Sophie asked. Before Elwin could answer, Mare started jumping up and down. "Biana! Biana! I wanna see Biana!" She said. At this point she was flickering in and out of sight. Mare had just manifested as a vanisher at four years old. She is the youngest elf to ever manifest. "Mare can you sit down a minute?" Elwin asked. Mare sat down on the cot and Elwin sat across from her in his chair. "Honey do you still have that abilities book you got for your birthday?" Elwin asked. Mare nodded. "I'll go get it" Keefe said. He disappeared and came back a minute later with the abilities book. He opened the book to the vanishing page and showed it to Mare. "That's Biana's ability!" Mare said. Elwin nodded. "Do you know who else has that ability?" Elwin asked. "Della!" Mare said. Elwin nodded again. "And you" Elwin said. Mare's face lit up even more than it already was. "I have an ability? I thought I wasn't supposed to get one until I'm thirteen" Mare said. "Well you're special. You're the youngest elf to ever manifest" Sophie said with a smile. "I'll call Biana and Councillors Terik and Oralie" Elwin said. He went off into his office and Mare started walking around and blinking in and out of sight. Raising a vanisher was going to be hard. While Mare was coming back into sight, she ran into Biana as she leaped in. "Hey Mare. Why are you running around?" Biana asked. "I'm excited!" Mare said, jumping on the cot. Then she disappeared. "Mare! You're a vanisher!" Biana said smiling. "I know! That's why I'm excited!" Mare said. Elwin returned and told them that Councillors Terik and Oralie were on their way. Then they leaped in. "Where is she?" Oralie asked in a gentle voice. "I'm right here!" Mare said. She came back to visibility and curtsied to the two  Councillors. Sophie wished she had that thinking when she met the Councillors for the first time. "Oh dear. I'll inform the council about her ability" Oralie said. "Would you mind if I descreyed her?" Terik asked. Sophie gestured for him to go ahead. "I'm going to put my fingers on your temples, okay?" he asked. Mare nodded. She closed her eyes as Terik's fingers reached her forehead. Sophie counted the seconds until he pulled away. it was 318 seconds when he finally started to talk. "It was strong. I couldn't decipher it completely though" Terik said. "I'll hail Quinlin to set up an appointment for Mare" Keefe said. "Mommy, Daddy, what's going on?" Mare asked. "Everything is okay Mare. You're just very special and you need to learn how to control it" Keefe said, kneeling to reach her height. Mare smiled and kissed his cheek. "Okay daddy. Who is Quinlin?" she asked. "He is a powerful telepath who is going to look at your thoughts" Keefe explained. "Why can't mommy do it?" Mare asked. She looked really concerned. It reminded Sophie of how she felt on her first time in the Lost Cities. "I can see everyone's thoughts if I try to. We need someone else to look through your thoughts. And they might not even be able to see them. I once felt the same way you're feeling right now. Remember when I told you about my first day in the Lost Cities?" Mare nodded her head. "I had to see Quinlin too. He was very nice to me, and he'll be very nice to you too" Sophie said, looking into her daughters' beautiful brown eyes. Mare nodded her head again and Sophie kissed her cheek. Mare disappeared, but Sophie could feel the warmth of her hand in her own. Then Mare reappeared with a small smile on her face. "That's what I like to see. Come on, lets go home and have some custard bursts" Keefe said. "And guess what? I'm going to be teaching you about vanishing" Biana said. Mare seemed shy now, as she clung to Keefe's hand. Keefe took out the pathfinder when Elwin asked Sophie to stay. "I thought, as long as you're here, I may as well check you over" he said. The Councillors disappeared and Sophie sat on the cot. Elwin flashed lights around her stomach and torso. "You're perfectly healthy and so is your baby. I'll see you guys soon!" Elwin said. Sophie took Keefe's hand and they all leaped back to their house. "Mare, how about you go to the kitchen. I'll be there in a minute to make lunch" Sophie said. Mare shuffled off to the kitchen to discover the batch of mallowmelt Sophie made the night before. She turned to Keefe. "Keefe, I'm worried. Mare is starting to have some independence. I know you don't like to talk about what happened after we came back to the Lost Cities with the Black Swan, but Mare is starting to show some of your qualities. I'm not blaming you for anything that she does, but I just want to be cautious" Sophie said. Her eyes welled with tears when she looked at Keefe. She loves Keefe more than anything. She loves her own children as well. She never wants any of them to get hurt. Keefe came over to hug her and kissed her forehead. "I wont let anything happen to her. I regret what I did, and I wish I could erase that whole situation from my life. But one good thing came out of that. We started dating. Remember what you told me before I left? You told me that you like me. I never forgot that. And you're still wearing the necklace. You have no idea that I look at it around your neck everyday. I'll protect Mare. I'm never going to be the father that my father was. I would never put Mare through that. I would never give Mare a reason to be a rebel or start a rebellion. Okay?" Keefe looked sincere with every syllable. Sophie nodded and kissed him. "I trust you" She held her necklace and looked at the Panakes flower on the bead. She looked at the groove where the crystal that had saved her life had once been. She looked up at Keefe. "Thank you for trusting me. Come on. Let's go make lunch" Said Keefe. He turned around and walked to the kitchen, Sophie followed, trying to be reassured.

A/n- Hey everybody! I feel so bad that I haven't been able to update for so long! I've been trying to figure out how to end the story and I have just figured it out! Don't worry, though. I'll be writing a second one from Mare's point of view when she's thirteen. You're all in for a surprise when that one comes out *smiles mischievously and rubs hands together* "mwahahahah" Anyways, I've decided to end this story with an epilogue, and I'm going to try to get it up tonight. I owe that much to you guys after my disappearance (We can all thank my father for that one. I have been grounded until further notice :P) and I'll try to get to my school's laptops as frequently as possible to start updating. So keep watching out for random updates and keep your eyes open for my other stories that I'm writing! Be patient my fellow elves. My updates are coming. Until next update...