The Dance

The dance is in three hours.
She would be dancing with Keefe in three hours.
She would have the night of her life in three hours.

Sophie couldn't stop thinking about her encounter with Keefe the other day. Why was he at the jewelers? She couldn't stop asking that question in her head. She decided not to think about it. Biana wanted to help her get ready but Sophie told her that her dress was a surprise. She let Edaline help her with her hair and makeup. She put on her dress and then Edaline got to work. She used light silver eyeshadow and brown mascara. She brushed her cheeks with pink. Great. Now if I blush I'm going to look even more pink Sophie thought. She blushed a lot. She knew it. Then Edaline started on her hair. She kept her hair down in beach waves. Her hair almost went down to her waist now. When she looked in the mirror she couldn't believe that she could look this beautiful. Then she heard the voice that belonged to Vertina. Sophie and Vertina had become good friends over the years. "Oh my. Sophie. You look so beautiful. Maybe even better than Jolie. If you ask me, she always used a bit too much makeup. Your eyes are perfect, too. And don't even get me started on the hair. It's just perfect. Your perfect. Who's the lucky guy?" Sophie looked down then looked back at Vertina and said "Keefe. He's my number one on my matchmaking scroll" Vertina gasped "oh yay! I've always been secretly hoping you would end up together! I hear everything you guys do in this room. And let's just say that Keefe can be really sweet and caring when he needs to be. Have fun tonight!" Then she blinked away. She turned around to see Edaline there in a purple gown. She walked Sophie up to the leapmaster and Grady was standing there in a suit. He cleaned up nice. Then Grady took Edaline's and Sophie's arms and yelled out "Foxfire!" Then the light swept them away to the ball.

Once they arrived it was like stepping back in time. She remembered her days at Foxfire. She followed Grady and Edaline to the glass pyramid where the dance would be held. Sophie looked for her friends and saw Fitz first. He went with a girl named Girana. Once Sophie got there Fitz said hi and then went off to dance. He might be avoiding her. But it wasn't her fault she didn't know she was his number 2! She still would have gone with Keefe anyways! Then she saw the iconic messy blonde hair and walked over to him. She tapped him on the shoulder and he spun around and looked her in the eye. Then he smiled and said "hey Foster. I was starting to think you weren't coming" Sophie smiled and pulled him to the floor. They danced and Keefe complimented her on her dress. "Wow. Your actually dancing in heels and not getting hurt. That's a new record for you!" Sophie laughed and said "I know right!" Then the announcer came on. "Good evening ladies and gentleman. We are pleased to announce that it is time for the Lost Cities Waltz. Please find your partner and get into the position" Sophie and Keefe went near the side of the floor and Keefe asked "do you actually know the Lost Cities Waltz?" Sophie smiled and said "yes I do. Sandor taught me." Then Keefe lit up "hey how is Gigantor?" Sophie laughed at the old nickname. "He's doing great. He visits from time-to-time. You should come over to see him next time he comes over" she said. "I'll be there" then the lights dimmed and the music started. Keefe and Sophie started stepping and dipping and twirling. They were the best ones out there. They have danced before and they really were perfect for each other. Then the song ended. Keefe brought her to a table where Dex and Biana were sitting. "Oh my gosh Sophie! You look amazing!" Biana squealed. Dex said "yeah you look beautiful" he said it without blushing. Maybe he was finally over this crush he had on her. Then Keefe took her shoulder and spun her around so she was facing him. Then he said "hey. Wanna go for a walk?" "Sure" she said. Then Keefe took her hand and they walked out of the glass pyramid and into the beautiful moonlight. Keefe stared into her eyes. Maybe Vertina is right. Maybe my eyes really are pretty. Sophie thought then Keefe led her through the trees to an open spot with a waterfall.