Chapter Three: HomeWorld

{Peridot's POV}
I stood by the warp pad, waiting for Yellow Diamond to return, while Jasper was complaining about something that had to do with training, something I had absolutely no experience in. Then the warp pad went shot up a beam of light, and I stood up straighter, and Jasper quieted.
But instead of Yellow Diamond, there was a small gem, holding onto her knees, small pink curls bouncing as she looked up at us. Her eyes widened, like she didn't know where she was, which was probably true.
"What?!" Jasper yelled, "What did you do with Yellow Diamond?!?!"
"Jasper, what would she have done with Yellow Diamond?"
Jasper looked at me.
Then she looked at the girl.
"Nothing more than you would do." Ouch. She burst out laughing. The girl got up and ran underneath a bridge that led to the laboratory. I was going to start to go after her, since she didn't know her way around, but then the warp pad went off, revealing Yellow Diamond, tall and as mysterious to me as ever.
She looked at me.
Jasper stopped laughing.
"Umm.......gimme a second!" I ran off to the yellow bridge, which shot yellow bursts of energy through the pipes inside the tough yellow glass liner. I immediately saw the gem, curled up near the corner. She shivered, and that's when I knew she was different, because gems tolerated air temperature perfectly fine. I slowly walked up to her. She lifted her head and looked at me, but didn't run away. She looked right into my eyes. Her eyes were wide and beautiful, pupils dilating and shrinking as they adjusted to the light, her neon green irises with flecks of dark blue seemed to be almost glowing. She knew I wasn't going to hurt her. I offered her my fingers, since, well, I don't have hands to offer her. She took them, and I interlocked the silicon joints into her small fingers.
"What are you going to do with me?" She asked in a small voice.
I thought a moment.
"I.........don't know." I said honestly.
"Okay." She said.
And she walked close to me back to Yellow Diamond's main hall.