Chapter Eight: History Lessons

(Just so you know, most of this chapter is based off of theories about the Diamond Authority and such, so they may or may not be true.)
{Rosie's POV}
"Okay. This is majorly cool." I said, scanning the old carvings in the walls of this old gem structure.
"Yes, I guess so. I do find it impressive that a gem could carve this history into walls and have it practically preserve itself." Peridot answered. Yellow Diamond had told Peridot to bring me here. Why? Dunno. Probably gonna find out soon, considering the way Peridot was eyeing things.
"What do these things all mean?" I asked absently.
"Heh....it's a really long story." She answered from a few yards away.
"I have time." I walked over to her.
"Well, then, I guess I must."
I sat down cross-legged and she sat the same way across from me.
"Well, let's see. I should probably start with the Diamond Authority. There were four gems, all types of Diamonds. They were powerful, and strong in each of their own unique ways. First, Blue Diamond. Superbly intelligent, she knew her way around things, and she invented most of the old gem tech that used to exist and was used every day. And Yellow Diamond told me that she had the power to create anything she put her time and heart into, and she would lose herself for days in her lab, working on new designs for things. Next, Gray Diamond. Beautiful. Charming, yet knew how to put up a fight. Legend says that she could give life to anything, or give it electricity, to power large objects that Blue Diamond created. Then, Yellow Diamond. The one you know and, well, um, know. The brawn. Pure strength and mystery, she handles the sword better than a pro. Sometimes she relies only on her rage and her sword in battle. Mostly widely known for getting into disputes about things with her peers. She had a different way of viewing things. Lastly," she hesitated, "Pink Diamond. Also known as, Rose Quartz. Kind, compassionate, beautiful, brilliant and strong. Almost like a mixture of the others. They all ruled HomeWorld and some other galaxies they had explored together, until planet Earth. Yellow Diamond and Gray Diamond had plans to use the planet for harsh gem-creating purposes. But Pink Diamond didn't agree, and thought that it was unfair to the life already existing on Earth. So she rebelled against her family, she gave up everything she had to protect this planet. Yellow Diamond was infuriated. She sent all her greatest warriors to battle. Blue Diamond remained neutral, but created an army of her own, if she was ambushed. They were called Pearls. Each of them were like clones, robots. Only meant to fight for the leader they were programmed for. But some of them were, different. Defective, they were called. They were able to think rational thoughts other than fight, fight, fight for Blue Diamond. Some of the defective Pearls went to fight for Pink Diamond. Some stayed with Blue. The battle raged for thousands of years. Gray and Blue Diamond lost themselves, became corrupt and nobody knows where they are to this day. But in the end, Pink Diamond, Rose Quartz and her rebels, the Crystal Gems, won the war against HomeWorld. Though all of them were broken except three or four, the Crystal Gems might still exist today." Peridot looked at me. My eyes were wide. I was processing this information. Peridot still didn't know that I was a Crystal Gem, she only knew that I came because someone didn't think that I should exist.
"Woah." I said.