Chapter 14: Anchor

Kyle and I have been hanging out more. I'm not sure why. Maybe he feels bad. I hate when people pity me. I just wish he knew I was okay.

I stand in the front door of Shawn's house, hesitant to ring the doorbell, much less even answer. Why am I even doing this? He never did me any good. I just want to show him I'm not the weakling he said I was, that I'm perfectly capable without his lecturing. Before I can think any more, the door opens.

Shawn groans, "What do you want?"

"Nothing," I answer.

"Nothing?" he asks. "Then why are you-"

I cut him off, "I want nothing from you. That's what I wanted you to know. You're no longer my concern."

"And you're no longer mine."

I shake my head, "All these little games you play, Shawn. What's the point, if you know you're going to win, anyways? Where's the fun in that?"

"I don't know what you even me-"

"I can't imagine how ungrateful must be."

He sighs, "Azzie, I was bored. I was lonely and I-"

I scowl, "How dare you say you're 'lonely' when all you've ever done is surround yourself with people who care about you, but you don't care about them. You use them and throw them out like the so-called hypocrites they are. At least that's what you think, right?"

He doesn't answer. And I don't expect him to.

I fill the silence. "Find your peace, Shawn. Find your anchor."

"Azzie, I-"

"Don't say anything. That's all I wanted to say. I had no intention of getting a response out of you."

I turn around and walk away. Just walk away.

--a/n--

hey guys, skylar here. so i'm continuing the story, because it means a lot to you guys and the series has skyrocketed. you guys are amazing, and i appreciate every single one of you.

so most of you know that jack came out recently lol. here's a quick ending for him (he'll no longer be in the story, sadly):

jack matthew baran (finally telling everyone his last name, damn). he eventually got over azzie, realizing he was kinda insane over her, and realized he was gay. now he continues life living in california from connetticut as a single gay man. (aka harry styles).

the end.

i have a bunch more ideas for this story and others, too. go read my other stories! my Michael Clifford story 'angel from my nightmare' could use the recognition.

and for all you 5sos fans, i'm currently writing a muke fanfic. its my first boy x boy one, and its pretty good so far, i think.

i have a quotev account too, the link is in the bio!

your frantastic fangirl (bring back old times, eh?),

skylar.