Chapter 3

"Morning Avery" Matt said by my side "morning Matt" I got up and he sat beside me. "Ave want to go to the park today" "is she coming" I asked he sighed "Yes Avery she just want to be your friend" "Matt she doesn't like me" I got up "Avery give her a chance" he asked "I did and she got me in trouble" I complained "Avery.." he started "I can't I have to practice for my last dance recital" I said. "Really you have another recital when" he asked interested "ya in two days" I mumbled "can you leave with her now so I can practice" I asked he nodded and headed to the door. "Oh and I might head over to Mr. Jones today so just so you know" I sighed "alright" he said before leaving. I changed into a cropped tank top and shorts I put a hoddie in my bag along with my phone I slipped on my shoes and got in my car. I threw my bag to the passenger side blared my music preparing myself for the three hour drive to Mr. Jones house.

**Knock knock** "hello" a boy I remember from yesterday as Jacob "oh hi Avery come in" he opened the door. "Avery hello darling" Mr.Jones said "Hi Mr.Jones" I smiled "how may I help you" he asked "I just came to be here I thought I'd say hello to Mrs.Jones" I smiled "oh she's in the kitchen" he said sitting in his chair. I walked into the kitchen to see boy innocent watching Mrs.Jones cook something.
The innocent boys POV
"Mrs.Jones hi" Avery mumbled. "Hello girl sit down" she put her arm out directing her to a chair. "Mrs.Jones do you remember me" Avery asked "I'm sorry dear but I don't what's your name" she asked "It's Avery" I said she looked so gorgeous "oh my Avery that's you get over here and give me a hug it's been to long" Mrs. Jones said she got up and gave her a hug. "Avery hunny what happened to your shirt" she asked she looked down at her shirt I didn't see anything wrong with it. "What's wrong with it" she asked "is your brother still cutting your clothes" she huffed I laughed her brother cut her clothes before "No mam I bought it like this" Avery said I want her back Mrs.Jones nodded "I'll leave you two alone" she said exiting the kitchen. Yes goodbye Mrs.Jones I'm alone with my Avery I just have to make conversation with her "Well ugh hi Avery" I said "hello innocent" she said going to the stove finishing up the chicken. Innocent only if she knew "Innocent that's a name I've never been called" I said "well you look so innocent and I don't know your name" she said I began to speak but a bunch of alarms went off "Avery we have to go" I hurried I grabbed her bag in one hand and her soft hand in mine as we ran out the back door. "Go home Avery and don't come back for a while" I growled she can't get hurt. "You can't tell me what to do" she spat "Avery go now" I yelled she rolled my eyes but then I heard gun shots. "What's going on" she yelled she seemed so scared "go or you'll be dead" I yelled she did as told and drove off.
Avery's POV
"Matt I'm home" I yelled no answer "Matt you here" I yelled again and again no answer. I walked into the living room to turn on the TV there was a note on the tv.
Avery ~
I went over to Lisa's be home later. How about dinner just us two at five.
~Matt
For a second a spark of happiness hits me until I look up at the clock 6:30pm he probably got distracted with her. I picked up the phone and practiced my dance routine about 4 times before I heard the door open then close but I kept going "Avery I'm sorry.." but I interrupted him "you got distracted I get it" I said when I did a jump and I spinned I landed funny and my ankle made a crack and I was sent tumbling to the ground in incredible amount of pain. "Avery are you ok" Matt asked kneeling beside me "Matt it hurts" I cried "alright let's go to the E.R" he said picking me up bridal style running me to his car setting in the passenger side and speeding to the E.R. I cried the whole way there and until the nurse made the pain go away with pain medication I slowly drifted to sleep.