Chapter Seven

Happy Birthday, Percy!!!!!!

Percy

Over the river and through the woods to Frank's grandma's house we go. Just kidding. Chased by death eaters into wizard shadow but not shadow traveling into some random forest was not like traveling to Frank's grandma's house.

We barely escaped with all of our limbs. I'm pretty sure they tried to leave some of me behind.

Backing up a little bit, We had just been attacked by a hoard of Death Eaters and it wasn't too pleasant. On top of that, Harry and Ron are still unconscious. Hermione took first watch so this gave me time to think about what happened to Annabeth.

First, in my dream a voice said "She's hidden." Then, Thalia calls me up and says that Annabeth is missing.

It can't be a coincidence. I know Vold- wait...if I say it in my mind does that trigger the jinx? I don't think so but just to be safe.

I decided to take a walk. I passed Hermione and told her not to worry, that I could handle myself. She looked reluctant to let me go but relented.

I started through the open woods. I watched as the dawn sunlight filtered through the cross-hatched pine needles.

Then, I saw something. It looked faintly like a deer but I wasn't postive. I caught another glimpse. It was a silvery doe. It reminded me of the hunters. It was made of mist and it was breath taking. I kept walking.

It seemed like it wanted me to follow. So, I did. I stumbled across a small pond filled with clear water, frozen along the top.

At the bottom of the pass, sat a glistening piece of metal. I discovered that it was a sword. Rubies glinted in the hilt.

I knew what I had to do. I jumped in. The water was icy but revitalizing. I felt strength course through me and I took a deep breath. Yes, I can breathe underwater.

I swam down towards the sword. I grasped it by the hilt and began kicking to the surface.

I got to the surface and broke some more ice. I clambered out and began to shiver.

I could so tell that I was going to get pneumonia. I jumped around, trying to get warm and sprinted back to the camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~

When I returned, Harry was staring at Hermione with a look of loathing. Ron began to stir and Hermione repostioned herself to face him.

I slid into the tent, shivering. I wasn't as cold as I could of been, since I wasn't wet.

The lot stared at me. "'Sup." I acknowledged their presence then tossed the sword on the floor of the tent.

"The Sword of Gryffindor!" Harry exclaimed. "Where did you find this?"
"Oh ya know. The bottom of the lake." I said as nonchalantly as I could.

"What?" Harry was in shock. "Not that I'm disappointed, but how did you find that?"

He was in awe. I love the reactions people give me.

"Well, this mysterious silver doe thingy-"

"A patronus, you mean." Hermione interupted.

"Whatever that is, continuing on," I shot a glare at Hermione. "I followed it and it led me to a pond then disappeared. I saw a sword and dove in and got it. Anymore questions?"

I looked around. "I guess not."

~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided I had to tell them. They needed to know. If we wanted to take him down they needed to know my abilities.

"Gather round children," I said, with a facade of happiness. "It's story time."

I'm not usually one that is very fond of telling my story. Looking back on the worst points and the best times of my life can be heartbreaking and joyous.

I decided I would start simple. Then I realized

"My full name is Perseus Jackson, don't call me that," I looked at them,"or I will kill you. Anyway," They looked at me, scared. "Not literally!" What am I? A killer?

"Calm down. Anyway, when I was 12, I went to a boarding school and we went on this field trip and I accidentally vaporized my pre-algebra teacher. She was a fu- Kindly one. We'll just call her that."

I further discussed the story of The Lightning Thief. I explained how I met Annabeth and how she told me that I drooled when I slept. I thought back on our visit to the Sea of Monsters. How Grover was kidnapped and Clarisse was going to be the wife of Polyphemus.

I explained how I met my cousins. I talked about the prophecy and how I wasn't invited along. I told them about the museum and the lion. I told them about Bianca's death. I shared how she would always be a hero. I skipped the part where I met Aphrodite. That didn't seem relevant.

I told them about Luke, how he betrayed the camp. I told them about the battle of the labyrinth. Everyone fought so bravely. I shared how we traveled through the labyrinth. I explained how I blew up Mt. St. Helens. And unleashed Typhon. Whoops.

I was almost in tears as I talked about the war. I said how Luke became a hero and so did Silena. I didn't go into much depth about the River Styx. That was very personal. I shared that Annabeth took a knife for me, even though I was mostly invincible. She saved my life. Then, I explained how I was offered immortality.

"You turned it down!" Ron exclaimed. He gave me the 'bro, why, why why, why?' look.

"Yeah," I said, "I did. You want to know why, right?"

"Nooo." Ron said sarcastically.

"Well. You don't have to know. Oh my gods, Harry, what happened to your wand?"

He shot a look at Hermione. "She sat on it. Then it broke."

It took all of my willpower not to laugh.

"Now, I have no idea how to beat Voldemort. Oh, damn it. Sorry."

We all glanced at each other and then chaos happened. And I didn't even get to tell them about the second war.

*********
Okay. 1012 words. Go me. Anyway. I'm in the car and I'm really bored so I'm writing. Next chapter is the... well it gets everything rolling. Do you guys want an Annabeth chapter? 5 votes and 2 comments for early update. Get ready for intensity. Love you guys.

Vote, Comment.

Question: What is Harry's wand made of?