Chapter Sixteen

Percy

Annabeth's plan will either go perfectly or everyone will die. This wasn't part of the plan.

"Percy, come here." I walked over to Annabeth and she tackled me into a hug. "You better not die, Seaweed Brain." She said, her voice muffled by my shoulder.

"I'll try. Can I have a kiss for luck? It's kind of a tradition, right?"

She looked at me. Probably had a case of deja-vu. She began to lean in. Then, as our lips were about to touch, she shoved a hand in my face.

"Come back alive, Seaweed Brain. Then, we'll see. You have to earn it." She gave me a butterfly kiss on the cheek then threw a wad of clothing at me. "That's the invisibility cloak, you'll need that later. And that's also a robe. Put that on and go to the great hall." Then, she stalked out of the room, pulling on her robe as she went. I threw mine over my head and left the room.

****************

In the Great Hall, everyone was aligned in four neat rows. I was standing next Seamus, who I found out was a really cool guy, and Harry. I spotted Annabeth two rows over and five rows ahead. She was taller than the other kids with purple ties, so it made it easier to see her. Another blonde girl was standing next to her. I think that was Luna. Harry said she was a Ravenclaw. The smart people house. It makes sense that Annabeth's in that house.

Everyone in my group was wearing red and gold ties. Another group of people, which looked like particularly good finders, wearing yellow ties, were the Hufflepuffs. Then, a group of freaky looking kids walked in. They were wearing green ties which made me so jealous, even though I wasn't wearing a tie.

A man with long, greasy hair stood up from the head master's chair. "It seems as though Harry Potter has been spotted tonight in Hogsmeade." When the man said his name, Harry flinched. "If any of you know of his whereabouts, I would advise you to speak up now, or face severe punishment." His voice drawled out in ugly tones.

Then, disregarding Annabeth's plan, Harry raised his hand. People began to step away from him. He stepped into the aisle. "Yeah," He said. Gasps of recognition went around the room. The doors burst open. A large group of adults and teenagers stood there. "Professor, I think you have a bit of a security problem."

He started to run towards Harry. "Now!" Annabeth yelled. The plan was set in motion. Then, a girl a few people down from me started screaming at the top of her lungs. The room went silent except for her screams. I went over to see what was wrong. Another kid began to scream. It was a frenzy in the room. A voice came on like a loudspeaker.

"Bring me Harry Potter by midnight or suffer the consequences." A gravelly voice rang through the room.
Everyone had recognized the voice except Annabeth and I. Then, Harry grabbed Dean's arm and motioned for Luna. They linked arms and ran out of the Great Hall.

*******************
Harry

I grabbed Luna and Dean then we ran for the Ravenclaw common room. We reached the inside and we snuck in.

"We need to find the statue and find the diadem."

We ran around the common room until Luna found the statue. "Harry, come here."

I stumbled over, tripping over things in the dark. She pointed to a large marble bust. It was stunning.

Luna pointed to top of the statue. Dean said, "That's the diadem? No one alive has ever seen it, Harry. It's a long shot."

"We have to find it, Luna. It's the only way we'll be able to defeat you-know-who."

"Then, let's find it." Luna said. "If no one alive has seen it. Let's talk to someone dead."

We walked out of the common room and into the corridor of the Ravenclaw tower.

"Luna? Who is the ghost of the Ravenclaw house?"

She looked up when I said her name. She looked at me curiously. "The Gray Lady? She should be around here somewhere."

Just then, a figure, with a shadowed body, appeared out of the darkness.

"Who dares disturb me?" A female voice bellowed. She was scary. Her gray robes were billowing out beside her.

"I do. Um. I was wondering if you could tell me about the diadem of Ravenclaw."

"You dare use that tone with me? I will kill you." Her eyes flared. She charged for me.

"Whoa. Hold on. You're Helena Ravenclaw, aren't you? What happened to your mother's diadem."

Her face softened. "I stole it. I wanted to be even more powerful than her. You're not the only one who's asked me about it. At least he was a little more polite."

"Can you tell us who's asked you about it before? And when?" Luna asked.

"Oh. He was tall. Handsome, yes. He also asked about the room of requirement. He looked anxious. He has dark hair and pale skin--"

"Thank you, Helena." I interupted. "Come on, Luna, Dean. Let's go."

********************

I knew where we need to go. The room of requirement. It was simple. Somewhere you wouldn't think to look.

"Harry, where are we going?" Luna yelled as we ran down the hall.

"The room of requirement." I yelled back.

"Why are we going there?" Asked Dean.

"That's where the diadem is!" I answered. "Let's go."

We got to the corridor. A blank wall stared back at me. I paced by the wall three times. A set of french doors appeared. I opened them and motioned for my friends to follow me.

I walked inside. "Okay," I whispered. "We have to split up. Look for the diadem."

I began searching. I looked under couches, in boxes. It was nowhere to be seen. I kept looking. I found a shelf with a sixth year potions book. I realized it was mine. Or Snape's. The thought of Snape made me furious.

I buried my grief in looking for the diadem. I stumbled across a beautifully carved ornate mahogany box. It was quite small but stunning. I was so curious, I opened the box. Lying in the plush deep purple velvet, was a silver diadem. A replica of the one in the tower.

"Luna?" I called. "Dean?"

"Harry? Did you find it?" Luna called back.

"Yes. Where are you? We're need to find..." I turned the corner and stooped speaking. Luna and Dean were being held a wand point. Crabbe and Goyle were the ones behind the wands.

"I've got you now, Potter. Give me the box and maybe I won't kill your friends." Malfoy sneered at me.

I did the most logical thing I could. I discreetly opened the box and slipped out the diadem while his back was turned. I put it into my pocket.

"Okay, Malfoy. Let them go and it's yours." I held out the box. He motioned to Goyle. He let go of Luna and pushed her towards me. Then, Malfoy snatched the box out of my hands. He motioned to Crabbe. Malfoy and Goyle ran past us, knocking us to the ground. The doors to the Room of Requirement slammed shut and Crabbe shot flames out of his wand. He pushed Dean towards the fire. He was engulfed.

Dean grabbed Crabbe's hand and pulled him with him, into the flames. Screams of agony came from the fire.

"Come on, Luna. We can't help him." I said. Shouting water spells wasn't helping. I dragged Luna but we were trapped. Brooms! I spotted brooms a few feet away from us.

I grabbed one and handed another one to Luna. "Go!" I shouted and I flew up behind her. We plunged into a nose dive. "Alohomora."

And everything went black.

**************
Done. Battle is next chapter? Cliffhanger, I know.Go watch the video above. It's called 'A very Potter musical' it's hilarious. It will help you understand something Percy said. Yeah. I love you guys so much. Thanks for putting up with me.

Question: How old do you think I am? I'm just curious.