Chapter Twenty-One

Harry

I can't believe what just happened. I followed Hagrid up to Hogwarts. I watched the troops march in unison as I stumbled behind them.

When we reached Hogwarts, I saw the Order of the Phoenix up in front, including Ron and Hermione.

As we got closer, realization passed through the group. Murmurs of disbelief stunned me. I never knew I meant so much to them. Ginny ran foward, cursing and swearing at Voldemort. Mr. Weasley caught her from behind as she fought to go foward. Soon, her fighting turned to sobs and she collapsed into his arms.

"Hey." A voice rang through the crowd. "Move out of the way! What's going--" Her voice faltered. It was Annabeth. She just stared at Hagrid. No, not at Hagrid, Percy, in Hagrid's arms.

"You." She said, sickened. She sneered at Voldemort. "You did this. You killed him!" Her voice cracked on the word 'killed'.

She put her hand in her pocket. She rushed up to Voldemort and put her knife at his neck. All of the death eaters were shooting spells at her but they just ricocheted off.

"Try me." She broke out. "This. . ." She looked disgusted. "He won't last a minute." She pressed her knife farther into his neck, making it begin to bleed.

Then, Percy legit jumped out of Hagrid's arms and put his sword behind Voldemort's neck.

"Hi." He said to Annabeth.

She stared in shock at him. I took that as my cue. I ripped off the invisibility cloak and said my graceful line. "Hi?"

By this point, it was insane. Everyone was dueling, including myself. I shot random spells out of my wand.

Percy and Annabeth were struggling to keep Voldemort under control. "Petrificus Totalus." I yelled. It hit him and he froze and fell to the ground. Annabeth straddled him and placed her knife right against the base of his neck.

I ran to help Ginny. She was being overrun by at least six death eaters.

"Avada Keda--" Bellatrix began.

"Not my daughter, you bitch!" Said Mrs. Weasley. She did some awesome wordless magic and killed Bellatrix.

I gave Ginny a kiss on the cheek and took down two death eaters. We killed the last few, and I ran off to find Neville.

"Neville!" I screamed. "The snake!" He understood immediately. He grabbed the Sword of Gryffindor out of the sorting hat and sliced off Nagini's head.

"Now!" I yelled in their direction. The next thing I saw was Voldemort's head severed from his body.

The terrifying scream that came from his mouth froze everyone in their tracks. Once they saw the head on the ground, they tried to flee. We gathered up most of them and they were sent to Askaban.

I grabbed the Elder Wand and had an idea. I took put the pieces of my broken wand. I placed them on the ground and gathered the death stick in my hand. "Reparo."

My wand sealed itself back together. I picked it up and shot a Levicorporal charm at Voldemort's body. It worked. I was glad that I had my old wand back. I was missing it. Though I liked Draco's wand, it just wasn't powerful enough. I pocketed my wand and walked towards Dumbledore's grave. I placed the Elder Wand back in his hand, right where it belonged.

I followed the rest of the crowd into the Great Hall, which had turned into a makeshift morgue.

I saw Ron standing over a cot, sobbing into Hermione while she cried silently. I brought myself to look at the face. It was Fred. I saw a glimpse of a smile, still etched on his face. I began to cry. The Weasleys are my family. I couldn't bear to see any of them gone.