Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

On Monday of the next week Maya was dressed in short black gym shorts with purple lining, a black sports bra, and a matching purple racing tank. Her wavy blonde hair was up in a tight high ponytail and she was wearing some black and white Nike sneakers. She caught Stuart staring at her toned tan legs for a good minute before he said hello to her, and she had to hide her grin. Her morning runs had done her body good, especially since she'd been doing it since her sophomore year of high school.

Right now her and her team were all dressed for exercise, and were running onto Google's game field. There were spectators there to watch the game, many of them lined up on either side of the path they had to take onto the field, so that the team was running through them to get there while they cheered them on. Nick, Billy, and Lyle all tried to look cool while the rest of them just jogged over.

"Are you really wearing a beanie?" Maya asked Stuart in disbelief.

"It's not a preference. It's a lifestyle." He told her jokingly, making her roll her eyes while fighting a grin. "Why the hell do we have to run with brooms between our legs, though?"

"The tech department hasn't figured out how to make them fly yet." Lyle cut in. She gave him a look asking if he was joking or not, but he had already turned away. They all ran to the middle of the field on their side of the line with Graham's team on the other side. The guy from last week, Sid, was playing referee.

"Alright, welcome to the Quidditch Pitch. Let's have good clean match, Nooglers!" He blew the whistle and everyone moved further back on their side to get into position.

"Am I the only one who can't stop staring at Chetty in that cloak?" She asked Stuart.

"At least he's getting into the spirit." He shrugged before looking at his phone.

"Maybe you should, too." Maya reprimanded him, gesturing to the device when he looked at her. He rolled his eyes before making a show of locking the screen and paying attention as the group huddled together.

"Okay, rules. The beaters toss the bludgers at the chasers before they can get the quaffle through the three rings. No blagging, no blatching, no blumping, no habersacking. I don't wanna see any quaffle hogging. No imperious curses, no confundus charms. In the unlikely event of a dementor attack use a patronous charm. I recommend the stag but that's a personal decision." Lyle told them. Maya stared at him with wide eyes before looking at Stuart who looked just as confused. He glanced at her mouthing 'habersacking?'.

"Lyle, Lyle, Lyle!" Neha interrupted. "These beautiful idiots have no clue what you're talking about. Come on, use your muggle words."

"Oh, I know that one!" She whispered the Stuart excitedly.

"Come on, Lyle, you're making me feel like I'm back in math 've got a couple savants here with eye-hand coordination. Just say game on and let us play." Nick said.

"Fair enough. Version 2.0: Peg them with the kickballs before they throw the volleyball through the hoop. Brooms in, people." Stuart gave her an exasperated look but they both stuck their brooms in the small huddle. "Hufflepuff on three. One, two, three!"

"Hufflepuff!" Everyone yelled. Stuart just mumbled it when Maya smacked his shoulder.

"Yeah son!Yeah, let's get it!" Lyle yelled.

"Is he on drugs?" Stuart asked her, staring after Lyle with an annoyed look.

"Honestly? It's a possibility." She answered.

They all ran to the white line in front of the hoops on their side nd kneeled down on it, waiting for referee to blow the whistle. Maya felt like a complete idiot with a room sitting between her legs.