Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:

The next day all of the interns were in little cubicle desk areas with computers and phones. Today Maya was wearing a floral patterned skirt that flared out a bit, tight white t-shirt, a cropped denim long-sleeved jacket, and a pair of wedged heels. Her hair was half-up half-down with loose curls. She was chugging down a bottle of Gatorade to keep herself awake after spending most of the night helping Billy study. And she was texting the guy from last night who she had found out was named Andrew. He was a lot more comfortable talking to her through texts, and after he helped them out last night she really wanted to be his friend. She felt like he could use some.

To: Andrew

At 8:56am

About to start! Billy's super excited. Wish us luck!

From: Andrew

At 8:57am

You two don't need luck. You know this stuff.

To: Andrew

At 8:58am

Thanks, buddy. I'll text ya later and let you know how we do.

From: Andrew

At 8:58am

You are welcome. I'll talk to you later as well.

"Welcome to the Google helpline," Chetty called. "You will man the phones for exactly one hour. Now, before you begin..."

"I'm so ready for this thing. I was up all last night studying. This is where team Lyle takes the lead." Billy whispered to Lyle. They fist bumped.

"...icon accessing your account so that we can review your work later. The helpline... is open now."

Phones suddenly began ringing. Maya quickly answered hers.

"Hello, welcome to Google helpline. My name is Maya, and I will be helping you out today. What going on?.. Alright why don't you deleting all of your cookies? That might be what's causing it. You did it? Did it work?... Wonderful, I'm glad I could help... No problem. Call back if you have any more issues."

"Hi! welcome to the Google helpline, this is Maya. How can I be of service? ... Alright that mgith just be because your device isn't compatible with Google Play. Have you ever done it before with this device? ... No? Then that's probably why. Why don't you try using a different device and if it still doesn't work, call me back and we'll figure it out."

"Time's up!" Chetty called an hour later.

"So soon? Man, I was just getting warmed up here." Billy called.

"Good going here." Nick joined in.

"Is smoke coming off this thing?"

Lyle came over and the team began high-fiving each other.

"Come on, ladybug." Billy said to Neha, high-fiving her.

"Please submit your log files so that I may review your work later." chetty announced.

"Happily." Nick said, submitting his files. "Hit the blue button."

"Where's that?" Billy asked Nick.

"Click the blue button, upper left hand corner." Maya told him, submitting her file.

"Mine's not blue, mine's gray." Billy told her. Maya froze. "It's not.. I can't click it."