Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine:

On the cab ride over to HQ, Maya was hacking into the Google computers because apparently hacking was her specialty.

"Just how good are you at hacking?" Lyle asked nervously.

"I hacked into the pentagon a few years ago on a dare." Maya replied with a shrug.

"I was the one who dared her." Stuart told them proudly.

"Holy shit." Neha said.

"Done!" Maya exclaimed just as they pulled up to Google. Nick paid the cab driver and everyone climbed out of the car and making their way to the door of the hall where the meeting was taking place. Maya pulled out her phone and with a few clicks the giant screen behind Chetty started making creepy groaning noises as it was forced to change from pictures of interns, to an animation of little disco dancers that had Team Lyle's heads pasted on. The song What A Feeling from Flashdance started playing and the little disco people danced to it.

"Way to go, M!" Nick cheered. They all ran inside holding several boxes of pizza. They all had a little jump in their step and they danced to the music.

"What's going on?" Chetty demanded.

They all started dancing down the aisle passing out pizza's. Chetty tried to get everyone to calm down, without success.

"You get a pizza, and you get and pizza! You all get pizza!" Maya cried as she tossed her pizza boxes to the crowd. The boys opened their pizza boxes and started handing out slices, Billy tossing them into the crowd. When her hands were empty she continued to dance down the aisle, hip checking Neha before they both flipped Graham off. They danced their way to the front, and danced around with each other as they waited for the others to get there. Billy started lowering a slice into a random girl's mouth as her and her friends cheered before he just dropped it.

"Nice!" She heard Sid call as he and most of the crowd clapped along with the music. The rest of the team joined the girls and Stuart threw an arm over Maya's shoulders as they watched Billy rile the crowd up by twisting a slice of pizza around and holding it up to his ear. They cheered louder and he threw the pizza up towards the balconies, hitting some random guy in the face. Maya threw her head back and laughed at that.

"Come on!" Billy exclaimed before dancing up to chetty and holding up an unopened pizza box with the papers Sal signed sitting on top of it. "Extra toppings on this one, boss."

"I see that." Chetty state, looking over the papers. Billy clapped spinning around, rolling his fists around each other then striking a pose with one leg extended and the opposite hand pointing to the sky.

"Yeah!" Billy called, the crowd cheering louder.

"That's enough! That's enough!" Chetty called as Billy made his way over to his dancing team. Maya took out her phone and turned the effects off, leaving the screens wallpaper up, and the music off. The crowd stopped clapping, looking disappointed.

"It's lovely theatrics, but the jig is up. It's too late. Rules are rules, right Chetty?" Graham called out smugly.

"Yes, rules are rules." Chetty said. "And the rules state that every team ahs the right, until the announcement is made, to turn in their sales."

Stuart pumped his fist and squished Maya into his side as Neha and Yo-Yo shared an excited look.

"So, in spite of your lack of punctuality, which is astounding, I have no choice but to accept this submission, and to recalculate." Chetty told them. the team clapped and cheered quietly. Chetty and Sid the pizza and Sid gave him a tablet to calculate the results with.