Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:

A few days later Team Lyle was gathered around each other before Stuart, Neha, and Yo-Yo had to head back to their colleges. Maya had graduated last year since she graduated high school a year early and went straight to college. Maya was wearing a white lace crop top with a salmon colored skater skirt, a jean jacket and white converse. Her hair was down in her usual loose curls, and she had a few bracelets on her right wrist along with a long necklace that ended just below her breasts.

"Have a great senior year, guys. We'll keep your desk chairs warm for you." Lyle told them. "Team Lyle!"

"Team Lyle!" They all cheered, putting there hands together before it turned into a giant group hug.

"Yo-Yo! Come now!" A Chinese woman called from next to a silver car.

"Mom, I need a minute. Yo-Yo told her. She started talking at him in Chinese. "Mom, I'm saying goodby to my friends. I'm taking a minute. Okay?" Yo-Yo interrupted her firmly. She froze before nodding. A man in the driver's seat who looked just like Yo-Yo turned his head and Maya saw that he was missing his right eyebrow, too. He gave his son a shocked smile and a thumbs up.

"Look who grew an eyebrow, Yo-Yo!" Billy exclaimed, nudging Yo-Yo's arm.

"Look at you!" Maya praised. The whole team congratulated him before they all shared another group hug.

"Alright, you riff raff. Get outta here!" Billy told them. "See you down the road."

"See you, bud." Stuart told him and Nick.

"Bye."

"See you next summer."

"Bye, guys."

They all said their farewells before Lyle walked off with his girlfriend Marielena. Nick and Billy walked off together. Yo-Yo went to his parents and Maya walked with Neha and Stuart to the Google bus which would take them back to their colleges. Stuart had an arm around Maya's shoulders and his suitcase in his other hand, and she had her arms wrapped around his waist.

"Don't be a stranger, you two. Shoot me a text sometime." Neha told them.

"Forget that, we're gonna come see you in person." Stuart told her.

"Hey, guys, I grew a pair of balls. Did you see that?" Yo-Yo told them as he walked up to them.

"We did. It was amazing." Neha praised.

"A big pair of balls." Stuart agreed.

"They're touching my ankles." Yo-Yo said.

"Okay." Stuart cut him off. "We don't need that."

Maya helped Neha load up her luggage as Stuart loaded his on his own. When their suitcases were in the bus Stuart and Maya hugged each other.

"I'm gonna miss you." Maya sighed.

"I'm gonna miss you, too. But we'll be texting everyday, and I can call you or Skype you between classes. You'll let me know what it's like actually working here." Stuart tried to soothe her, though he gripped her tighter.

"And we'll visit each other as much as we can. You can come stay with me over your breaks." Maya added.

"See, we've got this all figured out. And when I graduate-"

"Which I'll be there for."

"We'll be working together. We just have to be patient."

"Fine." Maya sighed, pouting when they pulled away from each other. Stuart lightly placed his hands on either side of her neck and leaned down to kiss her. They forgot about the world around them and didn't separate until Neha shook them.

"The bus is about to leave, guys. We have to go."

"Bye." Maya whispered. Stuart leaned down and pecked her on the lips.

"Bye." He slowly pulled away from her and climbed onto the bus. Before Maya could get too sad Nick and Billy stepped up on either side of her and started escorting her to their cab.

"Come on, M. We're taking you out for a celebratory lunch before we start our first day of work." Nick informed her. Maya shook her head before smiling and giving in.

"You're paying." She told them, making them groan. She giggled before checking her phone when it went off.

From: Andrew

At 11:36am

Congratulations.

From: Tiffany

At 11:42am

Good job, baby!

From: Stuart

At 11:53am

I miss you already and the bus hasn't even left.

Maya grinned before replying to them and shoving her phone in her bag.

"Let's go, boys." The guys grinned at her before Billy opened the cab door for her to get in first.

"Let's." He agreed.

"You know, this has been one hell of a summer." Nick commented.

"Hell of a summer." Billy agreed.

"And it only gets better from here." Maya added.

~FIN~