Chapter 2

The next morning I wasn’t woken up by the annoying ringing of my alarm, but by the soft vibrations of my phone next to my pillow. Groaning I sat up and stretched, before reaching out for it and looking at the screen, my eyes still not fully open. As I scanned the screen, I immediately was wide awake, my heart beating fast in my chest. 

1 new message from: Unknown number

A little smile crept on my face. It was kind of cute that the first thing the person was thinking about in the morning was me. Still grinning like a fool I openend the message and couldn’t help but let a little (of course manly) giggle escape my lips. 

“Good morning sunshine :) Hope you had a nice slumber and didn’t think too much about me, cause I for sure couldn’t stop thinking about you :’) xx”

As cliché as it may sound, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. How can a guy I’ve never met, never interact with in any way cause my emotions go that crazy? It just didn’t make any sense. 
I thought about replying again, but still wasn’t too sure, so I made myself a promise. 

If I get another message today, I’ll reply.

So I put my phone back, after checking the time and decided to get ready for school, as it was almost time to stand up anyway. 
Deciding what to wear usually wouldn’t be a problem at all, but I kind of wanted to look as good as possible, now that I kind of had someone to impress, even though I didn’t know who exactly it was. 
In the end I settled on wearing some black skinny jeans, a blue checkered t-shirt and my beloved black converse. 

After straightening my hair and putting my school-stuff back into my bag, I made my way downstairs and entered the kitchen. Unsurprisingly it was empty, as my mum was surely still asleep after working really late last night. 

I made myself some cereal and two cups of coffee - one for me, and one for my mother later - and then quickly left the house, as I was rather late after taking so much time to decide what to wear. 

The first few periods were as boring as always and since I had none of them with PJ or Chris it was even worse.
On the way to my History class, I decided to actually pay attention today. Although not to Mrs. Young, but to the other students, especially the male ones. Maybe today I’ll catch someone looking at me or typing on their phone.

I entered the class room just as Mrs. Young was about to start the lesson. She gave me a dirty look, but I ignored it. She hated me just as much as I hated her. 

I quickly took my seat next to the window and started to seemingly casually look around the room. Just as yesterday everyone was either looking at Mrs. Young or as me usually, out of the window. I didn’t give up though. 

The only time I pulled my gaze away from my fellow students was when Mrs. Young asked me a question I didn’t know the answer to anyway. I gave her a challenging look, not saying anything, until she shook her head in disappointment and continued to talk about boring stuff. I just rolled my eyes at her. As if any of the other students would have known the answer.

Minutes after that the phone sitting inside my pocket vibrated twice. I sighed in frustration. Of course however the person was had decided to text me, at the moment I was too busy to catch them doing so.

I ignored the words on the screen, as I was pretty sure who had sent it and just opened the message. 

“It’s cute how you try to find out who I am, but it’s not going to be that easy, dear ;) xx”

I bit down on my lip to suppress a giggle to escape my mouth. Remembering my promise from earlier I hit the reply button and quickly typed my answer.