Chapter 6

The following week went by so fast, I was almost shocked when I woke up on Saturday morning. 
Most of the weekdays I had spent with texting and almost every night receiving a call from the still nameless guy I had spent every single thought on over the last few days. 

I had told my mum about my date on Wednesday and she had reacted a lot calmer than I had expected her to. 
She had only asked who I was going with and if we were dating or something. I had of course reassured her that we were only friends, but the blush that had appeared on my face, had probably given away that I wished for that to change. 

Yes, I had finally admitted that I kind of had a thing for my “secret admirer”, but that only made me more nervous whenever I thought about finally meeting him. 
Don’t get me wrong, I was really looking forward to it, but I was also really scared. Not only of the whole thing being a prank - which was rather unlikely, but still possible - but also of me acting weird, or him being disappointed that I wasn’t as great in person as he had imagined I would be. 
The whole thing made me really insecure about myself!

So it wasn’t surprising that I spent the whole day on getting ready for the dance, which would start at 8 o’clock.
I showered a lot longer than usually, making sure I’d smell good and my hair would be all soft and shiny - using half a bottle of conditioner was surely not necessary, but I wanted to be on the safe side.

Straightening my hair also took a lot longer than it would have on a normal day. I ran every flick of hair separately through my flat iron, making sure not one wavy strain would remain and probably ruining my hair forever in the process. But I didn’t care, I wanted to look as good as possible for tonight. 

As I had spent so much time on getting ready, me and my “secret admirer” had hardly texted the whole day, except for arranging to meet at exact 9 pm in the middle of the room, which was extremely cheesy, but still cute. 
Due to that lack of conversation I decided to message him after I had finished killing my hair with heat. 

“Hey there :] Can’t wait to finally meet you tonight <3 xx”

It was a soppy thing to say, but nevertheless absolutely true.
I sat down on my bed, and checked my watch, noting I had still a lot of time until I had to leave my house, 4 hours to be exact. So I decided to read another book to pass the time. 
I was five pages into it, when my phone signalled the income of a message.

“Can’t wait either ^-^ I’ll start to get ready now though, see you later, love <3 xx”

Grinning I read through it, my heart skipping a beat. I was actually going to meet him in less then a few hours.  
Trying to calm down a bit I continued reading, until my alarm went of at 8 o’clock, telling me to get fully ready.
I quickly closed my book and put on my suit, struggling with my tie for a bit, but eventually getting it right. 

Checking myself in the mirror one last time, I grabbed the mask PJ and Chris had gave me the other day, when I had almost been about to panic, due to not finding one anywhere. 
It was pretty simple, plain black, with some subtle ornaments around the edge. All in all it was just perfect. 

I rushed down the stairs, after grabbing my phone from my bed and looked for my mum, who was already waiting for me in the hallway. 
She smiled proudly as I approached her. ”You look so handsome, dear”, she exclaimed cheerfully. 
I thanked her awkwardly and we soon left the house, getting into the car, so she could drive me to school. 

I said a quick goodbye to her when we arrived there, agreeing on meeting her here again at half past 10 and swiftly made my way into the gym, where the dance would be taking place.