Chapter 10

(Trigger warning or something!)

Being in love is a funny thing.
The second you develop feelings for another person, they suddenly occupy your whole mind. 
You can’t stop wondering what they’re doing, thinking, saying at every moment. You want to be cute and lovey-dovey with them all the time. You want to be loved by them just as much as you love them. And of course, you want to spend as much time with them as possible. 
But whatever you were doing, they were always on your mind. 

So it wasn’t surprising that everything I could think of during the last few minutes of my last lesson was Dan, and the confusing perfection he was. 
Lunch had ended way too early and soon enough we had to go back to our classes, unfortunately having none of them together. 
Though we kept sending text messages whenever we were sure we wouldn’t get caught, I stilled missed him a lot. 
It wasn’t only him though, I also missed the way he made me feel loved and safe all the time. With him by my side I knew no one could hurt me in any way. 

People were talking even more about us now, after we had practically cuddled throughout the whole lunch period, I didn’t care though. Except for the few homophobes, none of their talking was rude or mean towards me or Dan. They were just curious as how this, how us had happened. And how could you blame them? If anyone had told me a week before that Dan Howell was going to be my boyfriend, I’d have called them crazy. After all, for them we probably seemed to be the complete opposite, but none of them knew Dan like I did. As Dan had said, they only knew the person he had pretended to be. 
I was glad he had been honest with me from the day on we had started speaking. Besides, it also made me feel kind of special, as I was the only one he had felt like he could truly trust. And I had trusted him too, even then when I had no idea who he was. 

I jumped slightly as the bell ripped me out of my thoughts, quickly grabbing my books I stood up and skipped over to the door, excited to finally see Dan again and maybe even spend the afternoon with him.
We had decided to meet in front of the school, so I was quite confused when I saw him leaning against the wall opposite of my class room. 
Nevertheless I smiled at him cheerfully and swiftly walked over, engulfing him into a bone-breaking hug, showing him how much I had missed him, even though we had only been parted for a few hours. 
I buried my head affectionately into the crock of his neck and placed a little kiss onto the exposed flesh. 

“Why hello there”, he chuckled silently, wrapping his arms around me tightly, stroking the back of my head slightly with one hand. 
“Hey”, I mumbled, not sure if he had even understood anything. 
“I missed you loads”, Dan confessed softly. I lifted my head up from his shoulder to look at his flawless face, a happy smile on my lips. 
“Missed you too”, I replied pecking his cheek quickly. “Do you maybe, I don’t know, want to come around mine?”, I asked shyly, gazing up  through my eye lashes into his gleaming eyes. 
Dan’s lips curled up into an excited smile, showing of his cute dimples. 

“Yes, of course”, Dan exclaimed and let go of our hug to entwine our fingers, as we started heading to the exit. “Are we going to tell your mum that we’re dating?”, he asked, giving me an unsure side glance. 

I thought about that for a moment. My mum knew that I went to the school dance with someone. She didn’t ask who it was, but she had probably kind of sensed that it was more than just an ordinary date. 

“Don’t worry, my mum knows I had a date for Saturday, so I’m pretty sure she can put one and one together, when I suddenly bring someone around she hasn’t met before”, I laughed, squeezing his hand encouragingly as he still seemed nervous. “I’m sure she’ll like you. How could she not? You seem to be a quite good example for an amazing boyfriend”, I chuckled, receiving an amused smile from him. 
“Well, I hope you’re right”, Dan chirped and started swinging our hands, while we walked the short distance to my house.