Chapter 4:Her Mom

Ok its been an hour and she still isn't home.

I go to the homephone and dial her number, which I know by heart since her number hasn't changed since 2009. I hear her phone ringing in her purse. I mentally kick myself since I knew her purse was right there. Okay, now what? I guess I should call 911, right? I decide to call Mrs.Livian. Her and my mom are close. 

"Hello?" She answers, she's been crying, I can hear it. 

"Sorry for bothering you, I wouldn't do it if it weren't important. My mom isn't here, I was wondering if she was at your house? She wasn't here when I got back its its been nearly an hour."

"No she isn't, hold on I'll be right over."

"Thats not nessacary (Author's note:I know I misspelled that, even auto correct couldn't help me),"

"I insist, it might even give me something to do besides think," She countered. I told her I would see her in a bit and she hung up the phone. She was at my door in exactly 5 minutes and 25 seconds. I answered the door, and she hugged me immediately and stated that I didn't look so good. I offered her a glass of water and she said she wasn't thirsty, but when I insisted, she took it. 

"I will stay with you tonight, so you can get some sleep. I'll just keep an eye out for her, alright?" She offered. I smiled

"But don't you need sleep?" I asked, concerned.

"I haven't slept since my baby died, so for about 3 years," She was referring to Rory. I insisted that she sleep, but she wasn't going to, even if she tried. I gave her a hug and went to my room, I stared at the ceiling for what felt like hours, but I didn't fall asleep. But then I woke up when my alarm went off, so I guess I did.

I heard humming, so I went into the kitchen, and saw Mrs. Livian over the stove, making scrambled eggs. 

"Hey, you okay?" I asked, confused. 

"Yeah i'm okay, your mom didn't show up last night. I think its time to call the police," She said, I still didn't see her face. I start breathing heavy and my hands start shaking and my heart starts beating hard. Mrs. Livian turns around, sees the look of panic that had found its way to my face, and pulls me into a hug. When she lets go, I grab the phone and dialed 911. When the operator answers, I can't talk. Mrs.Livian grabs the phone and tells the operator everything she knows. Its Friday, so I need to go to school. I grab my backpack, which is mostly empty, but I don't care. I leave the house, and Mrs. Livian calls after me, but I don't care. I'm done.