one

A/n just found out Josh's last name is Bradley- gr8

that kinda ruins the title but oh well:')

--

"Yes I'm just finishing getting ready and I'm out okay?" I spoke down the phone to Cara.

"Okay have your parents left yet?" Cara asked.

"Any minute now they will be leaving and I'll sneak out. I'll text you as soon as I leave okay?"

I looked at myself in the mirror; I was wearing long trousers and an oversized jumper and the sweat was pouring out of me. Literally any less clothes would mean being grounded or punished by my parents.

I heard a knock at my bedroom door just as her mum walked in-she might as well not have knocked- looking round my room suspiciously. She had always had suspicions about me and it seemed to feel like she would never begin to trust me. I'd always wondered why she was so strict on her children. She was always so paranoid at what was going on around her.

"I'm leaving. Behave please." She said bluntly and left.

A grin appeared on my face and I immediately jumped out of my pyjama bottoms and pulled on some skinny jeans. My big jumper stayed on as it was far too cold outside in this February to wear anything less. I looked at my self in my mirror again, feeling slightly more satisfied with my look. I then sat myself down at my desk, putting on mascara a bit of concealer on my spots. I'd never really liked makeup, I think in my head it was the idea of disobeying my mother (even if she didn't know) that made me wear it, rather than actually feeling like I needed it. I sat down on my window seat waiting for the harsh sound of the door slamming and the car driving away, then grabbed my phone to text Cara and climbed out the window.

I wasn't a bad girl; I had no intent to cause mischief, or get in trouble at all. Yet the strict way my mother raised me caused me to live my life getting a kick out of disobeying her mum. Yeah, it was pretty messed up when you thought about it like that...

After a long day of shopping with Cara, my hunger ultimately took over and I ended up dragging Cara to the food court. The lines for the fast foods were long but worth it as we two best friends sat down to a table with our unhealthy meals in front of us. I grinned at my food, as I'd been waiting for this all day! We ended up just chatting about things, which inevitably lead to Cara mentioning my elder sibling Joshua.

"So how's finding your brother going?" She asked, taking a bite of her cheese burger.

"Well, I just don't know where to start..." I groaned. I couldn't help but feel anxious about the search mission I had enrolled myself into. Of course I wanted to find him, but it was a lot easier said that done. The whole prospect scared me, a lot.

"Google him." Cara laughed. She knew everything about the situation- and although it would end horrendously for anyone else to laugh about anything on the subject of my brother, it was okay for Cara.

I had been contemplating the search of my brother from the minute he was kicked out, however since my recent birthday I've been trying to put the plan into action. See, my mother had always been really strict. But neither me or my brother thought she ever actually kick one of us out! And Josh was only 16. He got a girl pregnant and my mum went crazy and kicked him out when he told her. Took his phone from him, gave him £250 and let him leave. It was an experience I'll never forget. I was only 13, so confused and oblivious to everything. I remember the air being so thick I could hardly breath; so much tension. No one even told me what he had done, leaving to my imagination for a long time, before I had snooped through my mum's phone, curiosity getting the best of me. Me and Joshua had been so very close, he was my big brother and the issues with our mum just made us need each other more. 5 years. 5 years, I hadn't seen him for and it was so unfair.

--

a/n

helloo, so I'm re-editing this book and continuing it and I'm so excited! But as it was 3rd person before and I've changed it to 1st person, there will probably be some mistakes so if you notice feel free to let me know so I can change it! Thanks for all the support<3