Part 2

I drag my feet up the stairs as i make my way to my room.

It's not my fault i don't meet anyone's expectations.

I slowly turn the doorknob and push the door open. Hanna is the first one to greet me.

"How did it go?" She asks.

"Not well." I sigh.

Jenna looks up from her book, "What did they say?"

"They want to adopt a child." I respond as I fall onto my bed.

"Lorrie! Honey, we have visitors!" The Matron calls up once more.

"You think they're nice?" The young blonde nervously questions.

I walk over to her and hug her tight. "Don't worry."

"Ok." She smiles. She opens the door and proceeds down the stairs.

Jenna looks back at her book and Hanna sits on her bed. We wait for Lorrie's return in complete silence. After about an hour, the little girl returns.

"(Name)! Hanna! Jenna!" She bounces into the room. "I'm being adopted!"

"Oh, Lorrie, that's great!" I pick her up in my arms and hold her to my chest. I peck her on the cheek and she giggles.

"I know! They said they will buy me a bunch of new dresses! And i get to eat as much as i want!"

"I'm happy for you, Lorrie." Jenna deadpans.

"Why are you so emotionless, Jenna?" Hanna laughs. "This is an exciting moment! Smile for once!" I nod in agreement, and Jenna rolls her eyes.

"I do show emotion; when it is needed, of course."

We all laugh and talk while we help Lorrie pack up her few belongings. She runs up to her new parents, suit case in hand and a smile on her face. "Goodbye (Name)! Jenna! Hanna!" She waves at us from the car. "I'll miss you!"

"We'll miss you too!" I wave back. Tears sting my eyes and threaten to spill over.

Be strong. Don't show her how broken you are.

"Bye, Lorrie! I love you!" Hanna calls.

"Cya later, Lorrie!" Jenna adds.

We all watch her small hand disappear into the vehicle, and the car speeds away. As i make my way back to the front door of the orphanage, i bump into someone walking in the opposite direction. Being the weak person i am, i fall to the ground. "Ah! I'm so sorry!"

"It's ok." He offers his hand to me and i gladly accept it. I dust myself off and look up at him. He has striking white hair, pale skin and violet eyes.

Where have i seen those eyes before?

"Are you ok?" He's clearly a foreigner; his accent isn't like the ones around here.

"Yes, I'm fine." I smile. "Have we met somewhere before?"

"I don't think so." He replies.

"Oh, sorry." My face heats up under his gaze.

"Well anyways, I have places to be," he begins. "I've got to go, sorry again." He apologizes and runs off.

"Wait!" I call after him.

He stops in his tracks and turns around. "Yea?"

"What's your name?"

"It's Emil." He smiles, and continues running down the street.

Emil.

To be continued...