Part 3

It's been 5 months since Lorrie's adoption. Jenna was adopted too, along with Hanna.

I'm alone.

My 18th birthday is just around the corner.

They'll finally release me from this living hell then.

As i gaze out the window at the setting sun, the reds and violets of its rays dance in the sky.

No matter how hard i try, i still can't forget about Emil.

I imagine his bright smile, his blushing cheeks and his violet eyes. My cheeks flush at the thought. I know i had just met him, but something about him is... familiar. I lay my head down on my pillow, and fall asleep listening to the steady beating of my heart.

I open my eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling. "Where am i?!" I screech. I hear a moan from the bed next to me. I look at the bed and see a boy around my age. His whole body- excluding his face which only had one of his eyes covered- was wrapped in bandages. "What happened to you?" I gasp.

"I-I saved you," He stammers. "At least i hope i did. Are you alright?" He peeks at me with the one eye that wasn't covered. I look down at myself and see that I only have bandages around my arms.

"I'm perfectly fine," I feel tears stinging my eyes. "The real question is, are you ok?"

"I've been better." He jokes. "The only problem is, i can't breathe without this machine here." He gestures to the giant machine.

"Did you get too much smoke in your lungs?" I question, curiously staring at the large piece of machinery.

"Yea, but it's alright." He smiles. "I don't mind if it means that i saved you." I stand up from my bed and go next to him. Tears streaming down my cheeks, i ask, "Why did you do it?"

"Because," he tries to wipe my tears away, but winces in pain as he begins to lift his arm. "Saving others; that's how I was raised. If someone is in trouble, you can't just sit back and let it happen."

I cup his cheek and softly press my forehead against his. "Thank you, from the bottom of my heart."

"You're very welcome." His cheeks go red and he smiles at me. "What is your name?"

"My name is (Name)," i reply. "What's yours?"

He hesitates, staring into my eyes as if he was trying to find something that clearly wasn't there.

"My name isn't important."