Part 9

As I awake from my nights sleep, I am blinding by the bright sun. "Ah! It burns!" I quickly cover my sensitive eyes with my arm and check my phone.

10:52

"Oh my god! Emil!"

We're late!

I run to Emil's room and slam the door open. "Emil! We're late! Get up!"

"Mmmm.... Go away." He covers his head with his blanket and turns over, back to me.

Not today, sweetheart. I'm not gonna lose my only job just 'cuz you were tired.

I walk over to him and throw his covers off. "Come on!"

"No, I don't wanna!" He whines and desperately paws for his for blanket.

I grab his hand and say, "Come on, sleeping beauty. This is your house, you should be the one waking me up."

As I lecture him, I see a small smirk appear on his lips.

What the-

He tightens his grip on my hand and pulls me down into the bed with him. "Hey!"

"Shh." He sloppily presses his finger to my lips. "No more talking."

"Emil! Get up!" I push against his chest and move him slightly. His eyes snap open and he gasps in shock. "Hey! I could've fallen off the bed!"

He's right- half of his body was already hanging off the side. "Sorry, but you have to get up!"

"Don't worry," he begins. "I go in to work late all the time."

"You don't say?" I smile sarcastically at his reassurance. After about another half hour, I finally got him out of bed, dressed, and ready for the day. "You got your wallet?"

"Yea."

"Keys?"

"Yep."

"ID card?"

He crosses his arms and glares at me. "Yes, mom."

I scratch the back of my head out of embarrassment. "Sorry! I'm so used to looking after the children at the orphanage."

His gaze softens as he listens to my explanation. "I see."

After walking to the Nordic Café, we find the breakfast rush had dispersed. "Where were you guys?!" Lukas throws his arms in the air and stomps over to us.

"He refused to get up." I explain, gesturing to Emil who stiffened under Lukas' harsh gaze.

"Don't worry! I was here, everything went fi-" As Matthias attempted to loosen up the tension, Lukas grasped his tie and pulled.

"Shut it, Dane."

"O-Oh come on Nor- gah!" Matthias was once again interrupted by a sharp pull.

"Hey, you two!" Tino cheerfully greets us as he walks to the front of the café followed closely behind by Berwald. "Since you weren't here for the breakfast shift, I'm going to have to give you the dinner shift, is that ok?"

"No, it's not!" Emil's eyebrows furrow as he pleads for the lunch shift. I put my hand on his chest to silence him, and he closes his mouth.

"The dinner shift will be fine, Tino!" I smile.

"Good," he pats my head as he returns my grin, but his smile fades as he suddenly realized something. "Hopefully there won't be too many customers, there's supposed to be a really bad storm tonight."

My cheerful expression turns to utter horror. "S-Storm?"

"Yes, a thunderstorm." Berwald confirms Tino's words.

A-A thunderstorm...?

To be continued...

***ATTENTION***

My family and I are going on vacation, leaving early Saturday morning. I will be gone for a week ;-; Please stay with me on this!! I promise I'll have more updates when I get back! I'll try to get in two more updates before leaving, too!

          Sorry (つД')ノ

-Author-chan