Hopeless

Emily:

The door flung open and before Vincent had a chance to react I jammed the shard of glass into his shoulder. He hissed in pain and fell to his knees, giving me a chance to run past him. I ran to the living room and wrapped my hands around the front door knob and tried to pull it open. "Shit!" I screamed, forgetting the stupid thing was locked.

"Emily!!" Vincent cried, his voice filled with rage and pain. I screamed and ran into the kitchen. There was a window just above the sink, my only way of escape. With trembling hands I pushed back the locks and pulled the window open. "Emily! Get back here!" Vincent cried again. Terror seized my veins when I heard footsteps drawing closer to the kitchen.

"Oh God!" I cried as I quickly climbed onto the sink and pushed myself through the window. Overwhelming relief swept through me as I saw the light of outside. I was finally free! All I had to do was pull myself out of the window and make a run for it! I wriggled my body through the window until only my legs remained in the house.

And that's when I felt a pair of strong hands wrap around my ankles. I screamed when I felt myself being pulled back into the house This couldn't be happening! How did Vincent have the strength to fight me after I stabbed the crap out of him!? I kicked my legs back wildly and tried to fight my way from his grasp. I could hear Vincent swearing as he tried to restrain my legs.

He wrapped an arm around them, binding them together so that I couldn't move them anymore. I looked up to see if someone, anyone, was around to hear my cries for help. There were no houses around, only a lone dirt road and a few trees. It was truly the perfect place for this psychopath to keep me prisoner. No witnesses.

I dug my fingers into the window seal as Vincent wrapped his free arm around my waist and rapidly started pulling me into the kitchen. "Please God! No!" I cried, my fingernails breaking from hanging on so tightly to the window. The pain became unbearable and I released the window seal. It was only a matter of seconds before I was back inside.

Vincent violently threw me down on the linoleum floor and stood over me with his fists clenched by his side. Tears of rage streamed down his cheeks as he stared at me with a murderous expression on his face. His blue shirt was drenched in the blood that poured out of his shoulder.

"Why did you have to do this!?" He shrieked, raising a fist in the air.

I squeezed my eyes shut and raised my arms in front of my face. "Please....don't kill me."

****

Vincent:

My fist dropped back to my side as Emily began pleading for her life. She looked like a frightned puppy lying there, shielding her beautiful face from my fist. How could she think that I would kill her? I was angry for what she'd done to me but it pained me that she thought I was capable of taking her precious life.

I kneeled down in front of her and gently took her chin in my bloodied hand. "Emily..."

Her green eyes fluttered open and I offered her a broken smile. "I'm not going to kill you."

She opened her mouth to speak and I raised my hand in the air. "Shh...don't say anything." I pleaded, still trying to calm myself down before I did anything foolish. Why did my temper always have to be so out of control? It was going to get me into trouble if I wasn't careful.

I was going to have to give myself a few minutes to cool off before I decided how to punish Emily for her actions.

I wrapped my hand around her arm and helped her to her feet. She was trembling under my grasp. "I'm...I'm going to have to lock you up for a while." I said, leading her down the hallway. She remained silent as we reached the door to the basement. I led her down the stairs and switched on the light. "If you need anything....." My sentence faded as I ascended the stairs.

I turned around to take a final glance at her. She was sitting on the floor with her arms wrapped around her knees, staring down sadly. I shook my head and shut the door behind me, locking it. My hands were shaking as I stood in the hallway. 'I could have really hurt her....oh God.'

I sank to my knees and began weeping uncontrollably in my hands.

~

AN: Finally! I've had this typed up for a while but for some odd reason it wouldn't let me publish it. I'm terribly sorry for the wait! I already have the next chapter written so it should be up tonight or first thing tomorrow! Love you guys! :D