Chapeter 8

It was the night of New Years Eve. I was going to finally be with Ella; to finally be happy. We had planned it all out for months. All I had to do was tell my parents that I wanted to watch the fireworks outside and then I was going to walk up the block and talk to Ella.

I had dinner with my family while the background audio of Channel 17's New Years live broadcast played in the living room. We sat there and it wasn't quiet at all. Things still weren't good with me and my parents but it was better than months ago. Dad passed around the steak and I cut some lettuce for the salad. I sat down and Luke say in the right trying to tickle me. I frowned at him at first but I gave in and I tickled him back. Victoria helped me get Luke off of me. 

"Come on Luke." She laughed "We have to eat."

"But this is fun!" Luke said 

My parents smiled at me and somehow felt warm for a brief moment. Maybe things were getting better.  Luke settled down and we ate. Dad asked all of us what were our New Years resolutions. Luke didn't have an anwser (of course). Me and Victoria just stared at each other. I was hoping that she would anwser first.

"Maybe get my Spanish grade up." She said

"Okay," he laughed

He looked back at me and he changed his look. He gave me a stern look. Like he was mad at me again. It made me really angry. I thought that he finally getting over this whole ordeal. I guess not. Mom gave me the same look too. That made me mad too.

"What?" I said

"We're still mad at you" dad said not even having the manners to look at me

I rolled my eyes "I thought this was over."

"Well Ashton, I'm still furious that you disrespected us. This will take a long time to cool off."

I didn't want too flip out with my brother in the room,!so I slammed my chair into the table. I went upstairs. I didn't come down until everyone was gone. 

It was 12:45 AM; I saw my computer flash even though my eyes were closed. I got out of bed to see who it was. It was Ella.

"Hey babe," She said "Come out"

"Why?" I said 

"Cause I'm here." She said.

"Okay" I said " I'll be out."

I took out a red sweatshirt and a pair of sandals. I slowly creeped the door open and crept through the hallway. I unlocked the door and walked out the front door. I walked down the block and tried to find her car. I remember it was a blue Honda like she told me. A few minutes later I block away, like she told me go. There was no blue Honda. I went to walk back. I began to walk back and I saw and a van. Maybe they saw her car.

I walked up to the car.  As I got closer I saw the driver. He was older than most people who drove near my town. He had thick brownish grey hair. He was bone skinny and wore this round glasses. He had a red tee shirt on and blue denim on. 

"Excuse me," I asked "have you seen a blue honda?"

"Was the driver a female?" He said 

"Um yes." I said 

"Was her name Ella?" He asked

"Um yes... I'm little disturbed, how do you know all this?" I said slowly backing away

"Because," he said "I am your friend. I am Ella."

I felt this disturbance in me. I began to run for the hills. I sprinted as far as I could. He followed behind me. I ran faster. I turned around and he got out and ran after me. I was almost at the door, but I tripped over a stick in the driveway. I felt his cold hands in my body. It was cold and gave me the chills. I kicked him and tried to trip him. 

"MOMMM!!!!" I screamed "DADDDDDD!!!!" 

He hit me. I felt a sharp pain in my neck.

"Sshh" I whispered "It will be all better soon"

I tried to fight back, I felt weaker every second though. I felt like I floating while he was dragging my half conscious body. He threw me in his van and I slowly faded into the darkness.