Chapeter 17

Three days later I finally awakened. my eyes were still beaming from that flashing light I saw in the woods. The cool air of the air conditioner whipped my face and I slowly sank back down into my hospital bed

They had apperently put me in life support. I had stopped breathing on my way entering the hospital. flashbacks flooded my head. The image of the doctors pumping the air into machine. I looked down at my hands. restrained, held together by a piece of leather. The flashback of ur nurses holding me down as the doctors tried to give me a transfusion. my arms, covered in holes and scars. a pretty shade of red and purple. a oxygen mask covered my mouth. the memories of loosing air and the struggle of breathing in. I was fortunately alive. it doesn't feel like I'm alive.

The door creeped open. It was Michael. What a surprise, the boy who said he didn't want to be with me comes back for. it was quite awkward. We kind of just stared at each other for a while. silence filled the room. he then grabbed my hair and side his fingers into the spaces of mine. our fingers close add and our hands held tight.

"You know." he murmured "your hands are cold. quite unusual"

"I was left to starve in the cold" I frowned

a few tears dropped from his eyes, as well did mine. he came closer and he hugged me tigger than he had ever had. I couldn't hold it in anymore. we silently hugged for a long time we separated apart

"I'm literally the most shittiest friend" I sniffled "I should of listened to you"

"no." He frowned "it's my fault. I took our problems and threes them all at you"

"still, you had intentions to help me and I threw them all away. I'm such an idiot. Your the best thing that ever happens to me in a long time and I took you for granted. I could and will never forgive myself"

I cried again

"ash... I love you dude. please don't beat up yourself. I mean it was a really dangerous mistake you made but I'll never be upset with you. your my friend. And we'll do some stupid shit. We're human. but just promise that you'll never leave me again"

"I promise" I whispered

he left later that night. I laid in my bed and watched the stars that glimmered all along the sky. they shine in such a beautiful pattern. they aligned in perfect  angles. And then I thought of my family and all the others I let down. I made a huge mistake that's probably unfogivable. I sat quietly for a moment. but then it hit me. 

we all fall far into the world of darkness and despair. You just gotta pick the pieces you broke and put them back.

each day went quicker than the last. my body began to heal and my pieces were coming back together. a few months of physical therapy and talking about my emotional problems with my therapist helped a lot and by Marc I was able to finally to go home.

March 21st, it was pouring out. I walked slowly to the cab waiting in the front of the hospital. I slowly drove away form the hospital and stared out into the streets of Sydney. The tiny droplets slithered down the windows. I laid my hand s onto the windows and they felt the cold ur comforty rain of Sydney. we drove for miles and with each mile I felt closer to home. A smile crept and my eyes glittered and the sight of all the neighborhood homes.

The cab pulled up to the driveway of my home. A step out and the rained drizzled onto my denim jacket.

"Mommmn" I voice squealed "Daddd, Ash. Ash is home"

The figure  came closer and it was Lucas. I dropped my luggage and tan to him and picked him up, showering him in the love he hasn't had in a while. 

"Ash, your home" he repeated "your home"

"I know. And I missed you buddy. I thought of you everyday." I smiled as the tears dropped

My dad came out and I turned to him seeing his smile. I let go of Luke and ran to my dad. He felt warm and cozy. He wrapped his huge hand around my back. I recognized the smell of his blue shirt. his heart heated faster than uasally and his eyes locked with mine

"Dad" I cried almost chocking up "I'm so sorry. I was stupid for ever leaving the house and I was afraid and lost. you can do whatever you want to me."

He looked down line he was proud

"Ashton, we were worried sick." " we're very furious but I'm very proud of you"

"What?" I said in shock

"You've learned form your mistakes and you've taken responsibility of your wrong actions" 

He smiled and walked beside me as we got into the house.

Mom came running to me in tears and picked me up, overjoyed to see me. I had the same feeling and cried along with her.

"Sweetie please" she cried "never leave us again" 

"Mom" I sniffles " I've let you down and you can probably never forgive for that. I'm so sorry I ever left you guys trying to run away"

Later that night, mom and dad cooked my favorite dinner. We sat around the table and we laughed,cried, and told stories. Everyone was happy and life was finally coming back to way they were suppose to be. That day I remember how happy we all were. And I remembered this. Whatever happens, keep in mind the people who were there for you when everything was cracking and breaking. They will love you endlessly and forever. 

Things are gonna be okay.