Chapter 13

Four hours of no sleep later the alarm on my phone vibrates by my ear. Signalling the clock's change to 12.

I haven't slept, I tried and failed hundreds of times but my mind was working too fast. Each time my eyes shut a new set of possibilities came to mind, none of which I was looking forward too.

Turning off the alarm I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I hadn't even changed into pajamas, much too nervous he would just barge in here on the dot. Yet it's been at least a minute and I'm still safe so once again, my perspective of Phil is slightly off.

I crack my back before standing and smoothing out my plain black t shirt. I don't have to dress fancy for this do I?

Ah who cares, the last time I went to a party I was in my fucking PJ's.

Yawning and leaning against the wall I unhook my phone from it's charger and stick my headphones in my pocket. Just in case.

Weirdly right now I'm grateful for the night about a week ago where Phil decided that hating me was a good choice. At least now I know Lyda and Harold sleep like rocks.

I open my door as slowly as possible, a tremor runs through me at the sight of the pitch black hallway.

Dark places never were my forte.

A car drives by, light sliding across the hallway and music rocking through the house. The light suddenly stops in the middle. The hum of the engine disappearing.

Oh my god they're outside. Is this Phil's plan or am I about to get kidnapped and killed for my organs?

Come on Dan, stop being so theatrical.

Hurrying across the hall I gently push Phil's bedroom door open.

Only to find him fast asleep on his bed, arms cuddling a pillow and snoring. Loudly.

"Of course." I mutter under my breath and walk over to him.

Phil was only dressed in his boxers and most of his face was covered by strands of hair.

I simultaneously cringed and blushed just from looking at him. My eyes traveled to the water bottle on his tableside, a grin spread over my face at the sight.

Now, I'm not the evilest of people. This is only happening for two reasons, Phil ruined my beauty sleep, and I kind of hate him for sleeping through 12 o'clock like an asshole.

So I popped off the lid, not planning on pouring a lot, just a little to wake him up.

The bottle hovers over his head and I carefully pull the top off, tilting it forward.

A sudden honking fills the house and I gasp in surprise, the bottle moving down all the way. My eyes fly to it in horror, feeling the pint of water rushing forward towards the neck of the bottle.

Why me?

Most of the water splashes across Phil's neck and shoulders, some staining the pillow and his hair turns a shade darker.

Oh no oh no oh no.

Every time.

I pull the water back and cap it. With no other option I toss the bottle behind me into the closet, Uma Turman's disappointed look buried in my soul.

"What th- Dan?"

"P-ph! Do y-you know how much you d-rool in your sleep!" I exclaim, no other direction to go.

Phil glances down at his pillow and groans. "A lot apparently."

I nod, over the moon my plan went along perfectly and Phil doesn't seem to notice my discontent.