Chapter 14

Yes, hello, quick little pop in to say babblinglester drew for me. It's so adorable! I love Dan's little expression and the way his arms are placed is really in tune with the character!! Always there is a cat in it and I'm a sucker for anything with to do with animals. Anyway. Screaming over. Lets get on with the story.

-~-

Life a pretty amazing blur at the moment.

The lights are a mix of red and blue, they burn when I look up too long but I can't help gazing.

Around me people are lounged on large couches - wait, when did I leave the kitchen? Where's Phil?

My eyes travel to the center of the room where a crowd seems to have formed. I try to move inconspicuously but accidentally bump into a few people. They'll be fine.

By the time I shoulder and shove my way through the crowd it's dissipated to nine or ten people. Below me Phil is on the floor, pinning some guy to the floor. Blood is on the ground beneath them and I gasp in shock.

"Phil what the hell?" I try to yell at him but the words slur, instead becoming a choppy sideways initiation of Philia what are ya douin?

Even I - in my verge of passing out drunken state - cringe at the words and grab his shoulders.

Phil growls, a literal, actually borderline terrifying growl.

Regardless I find the power in myself to shove him off the guy. The crowd boos and my ears turn a deep shade of red before Phil speaks.

"Dun what the fuck?" Phil stumbles and stuffs his face into my personal bubble.

There's a spot of blood on his cheekbone and a trail of blood running down Phil's lip. The sight of blood made my nauseous and I tried my best not to gag.

"Who?" I point to the boy sprawled out on the floor with a few people checking his wounds.

"Just... a dude. Dan are you drunk?"

"No." I giggle loudly and lean forward so my forehead hits Phil's.

He's such a silly billy.

"Well you look drunk." He notes and I scoff loudly, stalking out of the living room.

"Sh-shut up Phile." I walk into the cool, dark night and sit on the bench swing hanging from the ceiling.

"Just stating true facts." Phil giggles and falls down next to me. His arm lays on the back of the seat and he lounges with his chest puffed.

"Why fight?" I mumble and press my knees to my chest.

"He was getting on my nerves. Don't worry nobody will remember it in the morning."

"Yeah. Because everyone's drunk. Even you." I poke his nose on the last word and giggle loudly.

"No I'm half buzzed at least."

"Oh." I fall silent and look down at my hands. Where the fuck did my drink go?

We sit in silence after that. Me trying to calm the tides in my stomach threatening to make me throw up and Phil humming to himself. He's gazing from far off at something I can't see. What it is I don't know. Wow, that sounded poem-y. Is that already a poem? Am I secretly a famous poet? Damn I knew it.