Chapter six - the truth comes out

Newt's POV

I slammed my laptop shut. I've been talking to my crush for a week! And, I've been open and personal with him! The only thing I had kept a secret was my name! Now he's gonna figure out I'm Newt and I agreed to give him rides and AHG!

I slowly opened the laptop again and looked at the screen.

5 New messages from: Greenie16

Greenie16: Don't leave!
Greenie16: Are you Newt?!
Greenie16: Am I your crush?!
Greenie16: Newt?!!?!
Greenie16: It's Thomas, come back!!

I sighed as I saw another message pop up.

Greenie16: I know your reading these, it says read at the bottom of the screen.

Bloodywalljumper: Yes, I'm Newt.

Greenie16: Am I your crush?!

Bloodywalljumper: Am I yours?

Greenie16: I wouldn't really call it a crush...

Bloodywalljumper: Smooth Tommy

Greenie16: Well...this is awkward.

Bloodywalljumper: Yep.

Greenie16: So..why do you like me?

Bloodywalljumper: Go to hell Tommy

Greenie16: Okay, okay, Jesus!

Bloodywalljumper: Jesus isn't in hell.

Greenie16: Well, maybe he visits?

Bloodywalljumper: No he hates Satan.

Greenie16: Maybe it's an act because Jesus was gay for Satan and didn't want to come out because God would disown him.

Bloodywalljumper: Why are we talking about this?

Greenie16: to forget how awkward if just was.

I smiled. Even though we had both figured it out, Tommy was still T. The mysterious T that made me laugh and smile. We seemed to forget about the awkwardness between us and messaged each other back and forth all might. We could use our phones to text but using the messenger felt so much more comfortable. 

Bloodywalljumper: Okay, goodnight Tommy.

Greenie16: G'night Newt <3

Greenie16 has left the chat.

He used a heart?! Well he does like me. Maybe I should ask him out?? I was so confused at that moment I just needed sleep. I closed my eyes and relaxed as sleep overtook my thoughts.

-

Buzz buzz buzz

Shut up.

Buzz buzz buzz

Go away.

Buzz buzz buzz

I'm gonna kill someone if this thing buzzes agai-

Buzz buzz buzz

I lifted my head and violently grabbed my phone to shut off the alarm. I checked what it said.

'Give Tommy a ride'

I rubbed my eyes and got ready to go get Tommy, if he still wanted a ride.

Thomas's POV

I looked over myself in the mirror.

"Be cool, Thomas." I mumbled. "He already likes you so just be you." I continued to talk to myself as I fixed my hair. "You can do it, you can ask him out."

I began to hum the song 'Classic' as I danced around the mirror trying to pump myself up.

I sorta didn't mumble as I made up words to spoof the song and grabbed a hairbrush for a mic.

"Your over my head, outta my mind, thinking I was born in the wrong time! Your cute blonde hair and adorable smile, baby your so classic!"

I attempted to moonwalk around my bedroom, waiting for Newt but my crutches made that a challenge. I just decided to dance while leaning against the wall so I didn't fall over and fracture my other ankle.

I decide to switch it up and sing another song. This one was shake it off by Taylor Swift.

"Brad stays out too late!" I began, shuffling over and rolling onto my bed. "He's got nothing in his brain! That's what people know, ooh ooh! That's what people know, ooh ooh!"

"I don't go on many dates! That's cause I ain't straight! But, that's okay! Ooh ooh! Being gay is okay! Ooh ooh!"

I pulled a pair of jazz hands as I swayed my hips, balancing on my knees.

"But I keep crushing, can't stop won't stop blushing. It's like Newts got some power that makes him insanely cute!"

"And the homophobes gonna punch, punch punch, and beat me up at lunch, lunch, lunch, lunch. But, Newt is gonna drive me to school today so, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake. Shake it off, shake it off!"

I did a little twirl and stopped when I saw my mom standing I my doorway.

"N-Newt is downstairs." She mumbled, leaving. I chuckled and grabbed my crutches.

I saw Newt waiting awkwardly at the bottom of the stairs as he immediately took my bag. "Thanks Newt." He nodded and helped me into his car.

The drive was horrible. You could feel the awkward. But, when we were almost at school I put on my big boy pants and spoke up.

"Wear something nice you'll pick me up at 7:00."

Newt looked at me with confusion before looking back to the road. "What?" I took a deep breath and tried to be confident. "Well, I've wanted to ask you out for a while, but now I don't have to fear rejection. So, I'm taking you out."

Newts mouth was wide open as we pulled up. I winked and attempted to exit the car oh so confidently but I failed and fell onto the cement.

Once Newt had helped me up we parted ways for our classes.

Tonight I was going on a date with Newt.