Cookies Make You Fat and Thats Facts

Leaving the closet, Emily felt dazed. Jake's and Emily's heads popped out of the closest, scanning to see if anyone was nearby before turning and wordlessly heading their separate ways. Jake took a peek over his shoulder, watching as Emily scurred off towards the cafeteria doors. He shook his head, hoping his brain would stop running a mile a minute.

It didn't.

Emily on the other hand, was curious about the whole ordeal that had just happened. She didn't trust this in any sense, but didn't really know what to do. She had already agreed to go, and didn't want anymore fighting between the pair.

She felt a nagging sense of wrong as she walked into the double doors leading into the cafeteria, her eyes clouded with a glazed over look, as she seemed to focus on nothing in particular. A noise broke her from her stupor as she snapped her eyes up to see her normal table, the four of them talking loudly and laughing.

Mike made eye contact and waved Emily over, which made her break into a light jog to reach the table.

"You're late," Sami spoke in a teasing manner, giggling from a joke that Mike had made earlier. Emily just huffed at the pair, dropping her bag and dropping into her seat. Paige shot her a worried look, but she just gave her a weak smile. Paige didn't look convinced but dropped it.

Her thoughts kept racing around in her head, wondering why he asked her to the dance. They were barely friends, yet he bothered to ask her. Why? The gears in her head were cranking fast, though Paige speaking made her attention focus on the redhead.

"So the dance is coming up,"

Paige shot a deadly glare to Mike as he cringed, giving her a wobbly smile.

"Mike you better take Sami and not another Karen, okay?" Paige said nonchalantly, pursing her lips while flipping her dark hair over her shoulder.

Sami and Mike sputtered at the statement, their arms flapping out widely to protest. Landon and Emily cackled at the two, while Paige lifted an arched brow at the sputtering pair, as if daring them to say anything but yes.

Mike cleared his throat after a moment of panic, "I mean I would take Sam, but maybe she doesn't wanna go with me.." Mike trailed off, as Landon, Paige and Emily all gave him a deadpan look.

Sami waved her arms to interject, "Mikey shouldn't feel pressured to take me," Sami trailed off, the deadpan look shifting to her.

Mike shifted, "I mean I'm sure you'll be beautiful, Sam. You don't have to go with me if you don't want to." Mike said, scratching his neck a light blush on his features. "I mean you're always beautiful, and you deserve to go with whoever you want."

Sami's eyes went wide with adoration. She hugged him after a beat of silence between the pair, "Yeah, I'll go with you, Mikey."

Mike and Sami broke out into wide grins, the rest of the world seeming to fade to the background, while they just enjoyed the moment they shared.

The forgotten trio just stared at the event unfolding, relief that they finally got together. The group felt as if they were intruding in a private moment and committed to eat in silence until the pair stopped hugging.

Landon let out a loud groan, which startled the group as everyone's eyes landed on the blonde. He rolled his eyes before locking eyes with Mike.

"Does this mean that you guys are going to act disgusting from now on?"

The table broke out into shared laughter, the pair in question sporting heavy blushes on their faces. Mike retaliated by grabbing Sami's face and giving her cheek a wet kiss making Sami laugh and push at Mike's chest.