S e v e n

If I could face them
If I could make amends
With all my shadows
I'd bow my head
And welcome them
But I feel it burning
Like when the winter wind
Stops my breathing
-I of the Storm, Of Monsters and Men

* * *

For the most part Draco and Hermione walked in silence just enjoying each other's presence.

"Are you sure that they will let me in?" Draco finally spoke up.

Hermione smiled at him "Of course they will. I don't know why they wouldn't."

"Well" Draco looked at his shoes "I'm a Slytherin. I'm probably the last person that they would ever want to enter the Gryffindor common room."

Hermione stopped walking and faced Draco. "Just because you are a Slytherin doesn't mean that they won't let you in. We are all friends now, right?"

Draco had to admit that she did have a point. "Yes, you're right."

"That's what I thought. Now come on." Hermione grabbed Draco's hand and ushered him along.

Draco and Hermione reached the Gryffindor common room where the fat lady greeted them.

"Hello, Hermione" the fat lady greeted noticing Draco standing there but not acknowledging his presence. "Would you like to see me break this wine glass with my voice?"

"No, sorry, not right now maybe later." Hermione said trying to sound polite. "We are actually meeting our friends inside."

"Hermione, I can't let the Slytherin in the common room too." The fat lady stated.

"Please" Hermione pleaded "Will you do it for me?"

The fat lady looked at Hermione for a long time before she actually spoke. "Fine" she said "but only because you are the only student here that doesn't annoy me."

Hermione thanked that fat lady and whispered the password so Draco wouldn't hear it. As they stepped into the door Hermione whispered to the relieved Draco.

"See, there was nothing to worry about."

* * *

Draco gasped when he saw what the Gryffindor common room looked like. The room was bright and warm unlike the Slytherin common room. There were people sitting on red couches laughing together. People were snuggling by the fire, telling stories to each other about their day. People were playing chess and talking with their friends. Everyone was just having a good time. Draco Slytherin common room could be like this but the people in Slytherin aren't really the most warm and friendly type.

"Do you like it?" Hermione asked Draco.

"I love it! Draco smiled "It's a thousand times better than my common room."

"Hermione" Ron called from across the room. "Come over here."

Hermione grabbed Draco's hand and smiled. She knew that he felt pretty awkward right now.

"Come on" she said "let's go play some chess. I want to beat you this time."

"Hey guys!" Hermione said as she sat down by Ron, Harry and Ginny. Draco sat down next to Hermione.

"Hey Hermione, Draco." Harry said not paying much attention to them and more attention to trying to beat Ron at chess.

Hermione, Draco and Ginny watched Harry and Ron play chess for a while before Ron yelled out.

"Checkmate!" Ron practically screamed.

"How?" Harry asked. "How do you win every single time that we play?"

"I have skill that's why." Ron boasted. "Anyone want to try and beat me?" He taunted.

"I will." Draco spoke up.

"Okay" Ron said feeling confident. "You move first."

The game went on for what felt like forever. Before Draco finally said.

"Checkmate."

"What!?" Ron was shocked "How could you have possibly beat me?!"

"Well" Draco said mimicking what Ron said earlier.  "I have skill that's why."

/////////////////////////

Omg 1k reads that's amazing thank you all so much!

Please vote and comment

Ily all<3