2.Goodbye

"I'm done. I'm leaving, for good." I said packing essential clothes in my suitcase.
"Why, what happened?" My dad asked stopping at my door on his way to the master bedroom. My tears made yet another appearance.
"I...my powers...... Carly was a couple meters above the ground." I stuttered quietly. He nodded slowly,understanding my situation. Since my mom found out that I'm a mutant, she disregarded me entirely, she told my dad not to show any affection towards me and none of my achievements have been commended since then.
"There's something I need to tell you, before you leave." He sat next to me on my bed. Here it comes, he's going to admit to cheating on my mom.
"You're adopted."
"Well of course you've been cheating on your wife, you come home smelling of different feminine perfume everyday, completely ignore mom and...... wait.....adopted?" He sighed.
"Yes." He looked at me almost scared of my reaction. I haven't seen him this nervous in a long time.
"From who?" My voice was barely a whisper from shock.
"That's the thing, we don't actually know for certain." My eyebrows furrowed, pressing him for more information.
"We'd been married for a couple years, we wanted a baby. When we found out your mom had fertility issues, we decided to adopt. The moment we finished our conversation, confirming our decision; there was a knock on the door. We opened it to find you, in a baby seat with a few strange objects, some of which were glowing blue and gold. There was also... a letter." He hesitated.
"Do you still have anything that I arrived with?" I was curious to find out as much as possible about my real family.
"Yes, I'll get them for you." He got up and headed into his room, returning with a bundle held together in what appeared to be a baby blanket. Laying it down on the bed, I began to examine the contents.
A gold envelope with writing in a foreign language that I couldn't identify. A blue sphere, something like an apple sized marble with fascinating blue swirls of, what appeared to be, light inside it. A silver key with a diamond shaped blue stone, but what fascinated me most about the key, was the gold vine-like decoration, twisting around its length and the engravings on the back of where the blue stone had been cast.
I opened the envelope, only to be greeted by more of the unidentified language. This time, on baby blue paper with white frost patterns.
I was intrigued with the cloth holding the bundle together, its intricate embroidery brought a nostalgic feeling, only to be shot down once I'd realized that I'd never seen it before.

"Your mom and I, somehow , were able understand exactly what was on the letter, but only for that moment. We've never been able to figure out where it's from, what language it's in or what it says." I flipped it over and saw a little message, written on the back. It read:
In time, you will discover the secrets of your past. Patience, my princess. Love, Dad.

"Dad." I smiled at the name of two different people who I knew cared for me most. I may not know the one, but I get this undeniable feeling that he would help me when I needed him most, whenever that may be.
"It'll take me a while to get used to the fact that you aren't my biological family." before he could respond, an angry voice came from the doorway.

"So you finally decided to tell her about her past." it growled.

"Yes, and I believe this 'her' of which you speak now happens to understand why you treat her like a monster: you never cared, I was never your daughter in your opinion." I responded with my hand on my hip.

"You're right I never cared, never had reason to really." she smirked.

"Except maybe the reason that I took over all of the housework, cooking and babysitting, but clearly you never noticed. Just like you haven't noticed your husband arriving home smelling like a different woman every night." I could tell my dad couldn't care less about how she reacted to this news. She was speechless, jaw locked, processing what I'd said.

After a good few minutes of mixed facial expressions, her face softened in defeat. She nodded and left my room. My dad...um... legal dad let out a breath. His face mixed with guilt, satisfaction and sadness... a kind of sadness regarding possible future events, almost like when you dread something inevitable to happen, but this had more disappointment in it.

"I was hoping you would have told her before I did." I turned around to continue packing. He nodded sadly and left the room, it was then that I knew he'd soon follow his brother's path with alcohol; and I thought just being a playboy was bad. I could almost sense my deceased grandparents face-palming at my dad's choice.